Rear Suspension Noise 99 Sunfire - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Suspension Noise 99 Sunfire
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:20 AM
ok so here it goes..it's hard to describe to someone without them hearing it but i will try.. i had a funky noise coming from the passenger rear corner of the car when your almost at a stop when decelerating and pressing the brake pedal. it sounded kinda like the way a cv-joint sounds when its going bad, that clucking noise, but coming from the rear so i know its not that..the rear brakes needed to be replaced so i went about doing that, replacing both side wheel cylinders, shoes, hardware kit, and drums, and thought maybe the sound was a spring binding up inside.. i adjusted the new brakes according to the book, but the sound is still there.. it has me baffled..i pulled that side back apart again, and everything looks fine, but it still makes that noise..everything suspension wise seems tight on that corner top and bottom.. and the fact that it only does it when you get down to about 15 mph to a dead stop has me puzzled...any ideas on what to check next would be a big help..thanks!

®â€îñg666™

Re: Rear Suspension Noise 99 Sunfire
Monday, March 07, 2005 5:40 PM
dang i answered this on like less than a week ago too...its most likely your strut mount...theres no info on your car in your profile, and i have no idea of how many miles you have on your car..post back and let me know.

if it is the rear mount and its the stock one then the little metal bushing has most likely separated from the rest of the mount. it will not be apparent with everything assembled...

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:02 AM
read the title of the post ... 99 SUNFIRE has 109k and some change..

®â€îñg666™
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:47 AM
help your self then smart chit...sorry that i have the friggin flu an i'm still trying to help folks..that'll teach me i guess

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:08 AM
i wasnt tryin to be an @$$ about it, just saying..i could have sworn i put the yr and model of car in the post title..didn't mean to offend you cinny, and i appreciate the help..hope you get better! i also, updated my profile to include my car..

®â€îñg666™
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search