?? for AGX owners - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
?? for AGX owners
Monday, March 07, 2005 4:58 PM
I just got my AGX installed Sunday with some B&G springs and so far the ride is awesome, except for a squeak/clunking noise from the front passenger strut, which I will be pulling to investgate.

My question to the other AGX owners is what strut mounts did you use, and how much of the threads are sticking up above the nut in the engine bay?

I used new KYB mounts, and I think that I might have a little to much thread sticking up, just wanting to check against you guys.

Re: ?? for AGX owners
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:31 PM
it has been suggested to put washers in there to take up the space. do a SEARCH. you will find what your looking for i just read this like 10 mins ago so i know the information is out there.

Monday, March 07, 2005 6:38 PM
i used my stock mounts and i have maybe 7 threads sticking up. I have always had a grinding sound in the front left side from the strut mount going but my new noise since the install is in the right rear. I thought for 95-99 or something i didnt need washers so i didnt use any. Ill take my wheels off and take a closer look when the sun comes up

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Monday, March 07, 2005 6:49 PM
the rear mounts are the same from 95-05

Monday, March 07, 2005 10:42 PM
you need to use washers regardless

see ya!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:51 AM
What size washer and where do they go? Under neath the mount or ontop of the mount underneath the nut?

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:02 AM
on top under the nut. i don't know the diameter of the shaft on the AGX i do know that the on my Koni are 1/2 inch at the threads front and back. eye ball em up real good them go and get a few different sizes that you think will fit (in case you guess wrong) then when your done return the ones that don't fit. i got two different sizes four of each when i did the Koni install so that I wouldn't loose more time having to go back again for more.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search