tokico hp or KYB ? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tokico hp or KYB ?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:48 AM
what would i be better with the tokico or KYB , i will be dropped on a prokit and ive made a budget i cant spend more than what ive fixed to myself ! so AGX and yellow are outta question.

Re: tokico hp or KYB ?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:23 AM
How much do you plan on spending on the HPs or GR-2s??

AGXs on eby

You pay that for the GR-2s and HPs easily. I bought my AGXs from that seller and would do it again if I needed another set.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:42 AM
will pay around 300/350 canadian for the tokico or KYB GR2

those agx are 345$ us so like 416.24 canadian plus shipping wich would be like 60$ plus customs at least 40 $ so it's comming near 520$ (too much for what i can afford)

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:47 AM
Personally, I wouldn't ever want to get cheap when it comes to suspension.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:58 AM
I don't think that he's going cheap. I think that he's looking for a good deal on a good product. both brands are good and well known. I was looking to do the same Prokit with either the tokico hp or KYB... but i did find out about some minor issues when it comes to the KYB with bigger rims and tire.

After more reseach and what i do with my car (autox) i think that i'll spend a tad more and go with the tokico-d spec with prokit.

in the end its what you are going to do with your car. if its for everyday crusin and looks.. why not the OEM replacements with prokit. if you are more hardcore then go big with the suspension.

at leat he's not chopping or heating springs

All the best with your finds... let me know if you find a good deal! I'll do the same for you.

lates

Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:44 AM
from now on all the money i get is to pay my prokit ,252.44$ canadian all shipped from gravana!! after well it will goes toward the struts

BTW its an everyday car, a daily driver who will see occasional, maybe once or twice this year, autocross event !

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:19 AM
sunstealth wrote:from now on all the money i get is to pay my prokit ,252.44$ canadian all shipped from gravana!! after well it will goes toward the struts

BTW its an everyday car, a daily driver who will see occasional, maybe once or twice this year, autocross event !

252.44CDN shipping included... plus at least $60 custom fees.

i ordered my strut bars from Gravana...$99us +$25ish for shipping... then the @!#$ty $60 customs C.O.D charge... in total aprox $200CDN for tower bars.... should have stayed in Canada.

Hate to break it to you.. but you are going to spend alot more if its coming from the states.

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:50 PM
Does anybody know anything about the RK Sport Pro Street Coilovers for my 99 Sunfire GT Convertable. They are like $1200 and i was wondering if it was worth the money. Let me know. I got a cheap pair of ebay coilovers on and need to get something decent on there A SAP, but i want a nice low stance thats not so bumpy for everyday driving.
Friday, April 08, 2005 1:30 PM
hey sunstealth, just wondering where you're planning on getting your struts? want to replace my worn out struts with some new ones.

"My girlfriend can smoke you like a cigar!"
Friday, April 08, 2005 10:17 PM
sunstealth wrote:what would i be better with the tokico or KYB , i will be dropped on a prokit and ive made a budget i cant spend more than what ive fixed to myself ! so AGX and yellow are outta question.

HPs and GR2s are basically stock replacements. You may be able to find stockers cheaper...

If you can wait a few months until our Coil-Overs hit, I'll bet a bunch of slightly used Yellows, AGXs, Etc. will come up for sale and you may be able to squeeze quality into your budget...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search