DropZone Sping Pictures On Sunfire - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DropZone Sping Pictures On Sunfire
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:15 AM
I think im going to get a set of DropZone springs, but i would like to see how a sunfire sits on them first..anyone have any pictures of their ride on DropZones? I'm also looking at RK Sports, but i like the sounds of the DropZone specs better...

®â€îñg666™

Re: DropZone Sping Pictures On Sunfire
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:19 AM
Don't buy them. They're crap. Save up your money for a set of Eibachs or other quality springs.

And since you're looking for an aggressive drop, get some Konis or KYB AGX dampers as well.

Friday, March 11, 2005 11:07 AM
Your diggen yourself a hole man. I have the dropzone and TRUST ME and others on here. They only break stuff. I have the pro kit and AGX's waiting for a few more weeks.

Friday, March 11, 2005 11:08 AM
what about the RK Sports? i need something with at least a 2" drop...as i said in a previous post, i have 4 1/2" of top of tire to fender gap..

®â€îñg666™
Friday, March 11, 2005 11:21 AM
I'm not sure what brand RK Sport is selling these days but I'd trust them to be quality pieces.

What size are the tires you have now? You can read it off the sidewalls.

Friday, March 11, 2005 11:27 AM
lol i may be dumb but im not that stupid....their 195/60/14's...the car had 195/70's on it when i got it, but it was really bouncy with them so i went with a tighter sidewall and it cured the bounce...there was only maybe 1/4-1/2 difference if that between the 2 different size tires..

®â€îñg666™
Friday, March 11, 2005 12:35 PM
heh. I knew there had to be some reason for your big wheel gap. There's a 1.5" difference in height between those two tires so that's adding 3/4" of gap between your tire and fender.

Dude... you're an ongoing source of amusement for me. I'm glad it's all being worked out though!

What you need to do is save up for some bigger wheels and tires that you'll be happy with. You can get some nice 17's with 225/45/17 tires and that'll fill up a good chunk of that gap. Then some Prokit springs will leave it looking really nice and totally drivable.

Friday, March 11, 2005 10:54 PM
i have had my dropzones for almost a year and i have had no problems... except the ride quality issues that all springs have, and its not really that bad anyways. just dont put the rear ones upside down... i did that to one side not knowing and i couldnt figure out why one side was higher than the other... what a noob i am, glad i fixed that little uhoh
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:19 AM
Steve, are you on stock struts?

®â€îñg666™
Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:05 AM
Steve Zeller wrote:i have had my dropzones for almost a year and i have had no problems... except the ride quality issues that all springs have, and its not really that bad anyways. just dont put the rear ones upside down... i did that to one side not knowing and i couldnt figure out why one side was higher than the other... what a noob i am, glad i fixed that little uhoh

What are these "ride quality issues that all springs have" that you're speaking of?

What experience do you have with properly built suspensions?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search