how to do it - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how to do it
Sunday, March 13, 2005 5:59 AM
ok this may be a odd question but I was wanting to lower my car with I have a drift kit on it and its low to the ground and if I lower it any more how am I going to be able to jack the car up I know it kind of an off question

Re: how to do it
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:24 AM
well you might want to go with air ride but the only thing with kits is that with air ride it might not sit right
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:21 AM
go with Koni or KYB and some GC ! its a great set-up and you can ride with the drift at one hieght and have a soft - smooth ride. I got Koni yellows and GC and the drift front ( yeah its low but i got 19's and im sitting nice and smooth and never scrap.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:43 AM
Check with Wild Weasel, he did the GC with Konis but got a different spring rate on the coilovers so that the car would sit at stock height when the GCs were set to their highest position. Apparently with the springs GC sends stock, there isn't anyway that you could make full use of the adjustments that the coils offer.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:44 AM
sorry I think I didn't ask the question correctly what I was trying ot ask is how do you all get a jack under the car to do work on it

Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:58 AM
Drive on top of a 2x4 or something similar. Also, if there is more room at the rear (sometimes the rear rides a little higher) you could jack one side of the rear first then put your jack under the front (works if you have two jacks or use the spare tire jack that comes with your car). You could have someone gently lift the fender then put the jack under. Lifting the fender is normally how we put low cars onto the hoists at work. How much room do you think you will have for a jack?
Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:22 PM
well right now I got a bout 4" and if I go down 1.5- 2 " i'm just worried about the clearence the major reason for the post was just cuz I couldn't think of a soulution but thanks and if any one got anyother ideas keep them coming

Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:27 PM
Use the scissor jack and take the stupid handle off of it. Get a socket that fits on the end of it and go to town with a ratchet or an air gun. Goes up like a charm. Back end is eassy. Stick a regular jack right in the big ass hole of a rear bumper and you can get it right on the rear beam.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:02 PM
^^ yea like that. i have the drift kit and air and its still hard to jack up. i raise my car up all the way, drive on top of 2x4's, then i use the factory jack to jack up the side a little bit so i can get the floor jack under it, then go from there.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:03 PM
hey again thanks for the info that helps me know what to do when I drop it

Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:24 PM
2X6's work a lot better than 2X4's. You only need 4 2X6's. Cut 4 of the ends at an angle. Make one shorter than the other, and nail it on there. Should look like this:
/-----------]
/----------------]

If you get the idea.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 5:54 PM
Zach has the idea with stacking two. I learned that a long time ago with all the dif cars ive worked on out of my garage.

Also look into getting one of those low jacks. One that is like half the height of a nomal jack when all the way down.

I am all that is man

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search