opinion needed - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
opinion needed
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:16 PM
ok honestly...you think KYB Gr2’s,Gabriel VST’s or Monroe;s would be able to handle a 1.6/1.4 drop or would i really be throwing money out the window...i am on a strict budget but i know if they cant handle it..they cant, simple as that...if any could..which would be the most likely to last a decent amount of time

Re: opinion needed
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:28 PM
they cant

this is my sig
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:49 PM
How strict of a budget?? What are you planning on spending on struts??

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:09 PM
if possable id like to keep it close to $400

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:23 PM
First off, this is probably covered in the faq but I like to help out when I can, and not be quite so rude to questions like these. The general consensus is that those struts are mainly oem replacements that aren't meant to be dropped. Several people here will tell you that they dropped upwards of 2" without a problem on them but I wouldn't chance it. Do it right the first time and get struts that are made for lowering.

The absolute favorite struts for lowering appear to be the Konis, but we all know that they go for around $500. I picked up some AGXs for $375 shipped, rated for a 1.5" drop so something like the Eibach Pro-kit should be golden with them. Personally I went the the 1.6" B&Gs.

Have fun getting lowered.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:07 PM
what have people dropped on toxico (sp) hp's?...im not gonna go the cheap way....just wanted to get a few opinions other then the sticky

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:20 PM
Did a little research, shox.com seems to be the cheapest I found real quick, but I don't know anything about them. $232 for Gr-2s, $329 for HPs.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:28 PM
Extreme fire pretty much covered it. Check on e-bay for decent deals on sets of AGX shocks... I just ordered mine and they'll be in Friday I hope. Total was around 375, and they can drop 1.5" and still be covered under the warranty. Plus they're adjustable, and as far as I know the others you mentioned aren't (except konis)
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:46 PM
KYBs kick ass

rubbin' is racin'
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search