Problems with Big Brake conversion....Help Needed - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problems with Big Brake conversion....Help Needed
Friday, March 18, 2005 9:40 PM
Ok, heres the deal, i started by building my own rear disk conversion by getting the adaptor plates in a GP awhile back, and decided to put together my own front kit as well. well i have all of the pieces but they are not fitting together right.

I have the front spindles and hubs and caliper adaptor brackets as they come from bear in the 13" conversion kit, and i thought that they just used standard C4 13" rotors, but the rotors i have hit the bolt that holds the top of the caliper adaptor bracket, its like the offset on them is to deep, when i put an 8mm wheel spacer under the rotor, it almost fits like its suppose to?

So can sombody please clearify weather the 95+ J-body 13" track system has a speacial rotor or uses the standard C4 vetter 13" rotor?

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.

Re: Problems with Big Brake conversion....Help Nee
Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:20 AM
I'm honestly not sure. It's not something they mention since most people will need to get the rotors from them anyway with the re-drilled pattern.

I know that the front rotors had less of an offset than the rear ones, if that's relevant.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:41 AM
Yeah, i was looking at your website and the pics of your kit and the rotors are special on the front with less offset, man i hope the rear rotors i bought will work.

Mike

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:36 AM
what is the bolt pattern in a c4
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:48 AM
well the bolt pattern doesnt matter, but they are 5x4 3/4 but have been redrilled for the 5x100 cavy pattern, this is the same thing bear does with there rotors.m unless you get the 2 piece rotors then there is only one pattern in the hat.

Mike

Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:02 PM
HotRodV6 wrote:well the bolt pattern doesnt matter, but they are 5x4 3/4 but have been redrilled for the 5x100 cavy pattern, this is the same thing bear does with there rotors.m unless you get the 2 piece rotors then there is only one pattern in the hat.

No, my hats are still redrilled.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search