a-arm bushings - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a-arm bushings
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:27 AM
put the new bushings in
its a pain in the ass
dont notice much of a differencer but i havent pushed the car really because i still need an alignment

Re: a-arm bushings
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:53 AM
i did the control are bushings and the sway bar D-bushings and endlinks at the same time. and as far as i can tell the steering feels tighter and the car has less body-roll, before this change i had a bit of throttle lift over-steer now it does not do that as bad it feels more controlled. I don't think that i will spin the car now it just rotates.
i say you need to push it into a corner you will feel that the steering mid corner is nice and crisp,like you are better connected to the road

see ya!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:04 PM
The bushings also help control wheel hop. The softer rubber bushings deflect and rebout and will oscillate casing the wheel hop, which breaks trannies and drive shafts, especially is you use really sticky tires and make alot of power. Also, the reduced wheel hop allows for harder and more controled launches.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:53 AM
the Haynes repair manual says " The control arm bushings are replaceable, but special tools and experties are necessary to do the job. " what do they mean by special tools? I want to put the car customs polyurathane bushings in. how hard is it?
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:09 AM
i would not call it hard but more of a pain in the a$$

see ya!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:34 AM
Agreed, I did mine in a non-heated garage this winter, froze my ass off and had snow/ice melting off of my car onto me my whole time, I wouldn't do it again...for sure .

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:42 PM
U used a vise?

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:08 PM
this guy did it, with no special tools http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=94922&t=94922 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Take credit for your own work, not somebody elses "
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:51 PM
novaracer wrote:i did the control are bushings and the sway bar D-bushings and endlinks at the same time. and as far as i can tell the steering feels tighter and the car has less body-roll, before this change i had a bit of throttle lift over-steer now it does not do that as bad it feels more controlled. I don't think that i will spin the car now it just rotates.
i say you need to push it into a corner you will feel that the steering mid corner is nice and crisp,like you are better connected to the road

sway bar D-bushings
really? does energy suspention have them ??

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:26 PM
Must be nice. My passenger side front control arm bushing is SHOT. A let a friend of mine (who works on cars all day) take it to his house. I asked if it drove better and he said he never got the old one out. I call a couple more friends, and we spend four hours in the freezing cold, me under the damn car, and sure as heck, when I finally DO get the bolt fo spin (the bold behind the lower motor mount), it spins the WHOLE bolt, and I had no way to get onto the backside of it. And I didn't feel like dropping the subframe that night, at 10:30, in the cold.

So, my original buddy is going to do THAT, tomorrow lol.

Stupid bushing.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:58 PM
use an arbor press and a bearing puller

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:49 PM
Steve Cote wrote:
novaracer wrote:i did the control are bushings and the sway bar D-bushings and endlinks at the same time. and as far as i can tell the steering feels tighter and the car has less body-roll, before this change i had a bit of throttle lift over-steer now it does not do that as bad it feels more controlled. I don't think that i will spin the car now it just rotates.

sway bar D-bushings
really? does energy suspention have them ??
yes they make them but you will have to re-shape and shim it to fit

see ya!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:51 PM
are those d bushing the ones for sale from rsm/highrev

Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:02 AM
cavarri wrote:this guy did it, with no special tools http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=94922&t=94922 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

AWESOME! I could do that....thanks man
Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:05 AM
cavarri wrote:this guy did it, with no special tools http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=94922&t=94922 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i think i know this guy

Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:53 PM
^^ your twin maybe.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:35 AM
Yeah we didn't have an arbor press so we had to reshape the bushings some. We cut the lip down on one side of each bushing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search