Just got my AGX/Pro-Kit... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just got my AGX/Pro-Kit...
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:29 AM
The good news is that they all shipped wicked fast and got here in time for the weekend. But the bad news is that I drove 3 hours to get my cousin's (and his powertools) help installing them.... and forgot to bring my haynes manual lol. I have a pretty good idea on how you're supposed to do it so I think I can figure it out especially since he's done it before. I've heard a lot of people saying that you need to go buy spacers and stuff, but mine came with them and instructions on using them.

Well they're going in today, I'm going to see if maybe my cousin can take pictures of the whole deal since my camera died, if anybody is interested I can post the pics. Probably old news though since this is a fairly common combo... I'm excited though this is my first time lowering my car :-)

Re: Just got my AGX/Pro-Kit...
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:15 AM
Cool. Good luck and get good before and after shots.

And measure your wheel gap front and rear before and after.

I am all that is man

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:21 AM
I was thinking ofuseing the same combo. Post some pics when its all done.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:44 PM
Maybe scan those elusive instructions that no one ever gets?

03 Cavalier LS
Ecotec 5 Speed
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:32 AM
cool, think i'm gonna use that exact same setup. I love eibach springs, I had a pro kit on my grand am, it stiffened it up a ;lot... Your gonna love em.. Espically if you've never had a lowered car before. be sure to post pics, i def. want to see this.

My Sunfire
Friday, March 25, 2005 5:37 PM
Ok sorry everybody for the delayed update... I went straight from finishing the install to work next morning so I haven't had a chance to post or take any pics. My cousin has the pictures that I took during Install, so I'm waiting for him to email those to me and my digital camera died so I'm going to have to borrow one (or buy, heh) to take the after pictures.

Install went.... hmmm kinda smoothly, once I figured out how to take one apart. I had no idea that I was going to need a special socket in order to take the top nut off the strut rod, so between struggling with it, reading and finding out that I needed a special tool, driving around for an hour trying to find a place open on a sunday that sold this part, and then realizing that nobody had it so figuring out a workaround the first corner took me 5 hours lol.... then the rest took me maybe 2 hrs.

Here's the funny part... Only 20k miles on my car, never been lowered, and all four stock struts/shocks were totally BLOWN. Wow do I drive like a maniac...... so yeah good thing I replaced them.

Handles like a dream though! Feel a few more bumps on the road, but just the mental reassurance that I don't have to worry about my car flipping or going out of control if something unexpected happens is worth every bit of it. The car's stance is 100% better also, gives it a much more natural height as though it should have come that way.

Anyways I'm sure all you guys really want are the pics so I'm going to leave it at that and get the pics as soon as I can. Gotta wash it too...
Friday, March 25, 2005 7:35 PM
Lookin at that combo too. I want to see some pics!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search