Koni/RK ride quality.... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Koni/RK ride quality....
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:38 PM
Just got the koni/rk sport sleeve coilover combo, and its still too ugly out to put them on. I'm just curious, whats the ride quality like for guys who have them. Is my back going to kill me? Huge difference over stock? G/C's should be pretty similar.....Hows it ride guys?

Re: Koni/RK ride quality....
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:52 PM
I have em installed on stock struts and I think it rides pretty good. a little bouncy on an uneven road, but thats expected. I rode in my friends integra with $40 dollar coils from ebay........ its so horrible, i think i rather take an ass beating. but overall im impressed.....

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:43 AM
Dammit, Brandon, this is the second time you've said that and I'm going to have to call you an idiot again. I told you last time to educate yourself before trying to give advice.

Boucing is NOT to be expected. Bouncy means that your dampers can't handle the springs or are already blown and bouncy is dangerous.

With the Konis, the ride will not be bouncy. It will be stiff and you'll feel all the bumps on the road but not so much that it rattles your teeth or anything.

Keep the ride height up and you shouldn't bottom out on any but the worst potholes, but that's the case for any suspension. Ensure you've got proper bump stops and you'll love the final result!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:59 PM
*SIGH*, I think its fine, it works for me, it might work for him, i understand what your saying but your ride will always be different in some way if you do ANYTHING to your car. The official RKSport instructions are done with stock struts and koni struts arent made to drop 2.5 inches, it will void the warranty and blow them just as quick as stock struts.

Just STFU about the spoiler already......lol
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:52 PM
Lowering on stock struts is risky period. I'm not gonna lecture because personally I don't care what people do. Just know that people like Wild Weasel are trying to help avoid needless accidents.

My Sunbird.... Still has some attitude
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search