RKSport Rear Sway Bar, Need Help (Pics) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RKSport Rear Sway Bar, Need Help (Pics)
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:21 PM
Hopefully this is in the right forum and all, but I just recently picked up this RKSport Rear sway bar used, and for $25 it was a total steal. The only problem is when the guy took it off his car, one of the V-Bolt pieces snapped. I'm not exactly sure what the name of the piece is, but I was hoping that maybe somebody here (maybe even from RKSport) knows what its called and where I can get a replacement. Heres a picture, you should be able to see whats missing.

And if you really care you can see the full sway bar here

Thanks in advance.

Re: RKSport Rear Sway Bar, Need Help (Pics)
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:37 PM
I'd call RKsport and see if you can get one from them. I'm not sure but it looks like the same set up on my Eibach antiroll bars. So maybe even they might be a possibility. Good luck.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:44 PM
You can call rk sport, but they might try to charge you an arm and a leg. If they don't help you, you can always try addco or eibach. Their bolts should be close enough that you could make them work.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:25 PM
have you checked any local hardware stores? they might have something you can use.

Friday, March 04, 2005 5:48 AM
strat81 wrote:have you checked any local hardware stores? they might have something you can use.

I tried some industrial fastener places when trying to replace the j-bolts on my Hellwig bar and they had to get them custom made. Those bolts are made to conform to the rear axle. They're not some standard size you can just buy off the shelf.

Friday, March 04, 2005 12:21 PM
Anybody have any suggestions on who at RKSport would be good to contact?

Friday, March 04, 2005 4:21 PM
it used to be mike perez but i hear he left....

Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:59 PM
Just do yourself a favor and call addco. RKsport's customer service is poor, especially if you didn't buy anything from them.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:08 PM
If you can't find the parts.... I'll take the bar off your hands bro. I'm sure with a little effort i could come up with somthing.

Monday, March 21, 2005 10:48 AM
Thanks for the props cody..

Just call RK...there is a component list for the bar, you can order any of those components separately, should only be a couple of bucks for that piece. If you get someone that does not know what they are doing, as for someone else, or call back.
Monday, March 21, 2005 11:31 AM
Friend I broke one of this V-bolts the first time that I installed the rear sway. So I made two thicker ones using 3/8¨ hardened steel endless bolts works great and doesn´t corrode at all.

Inclusive with some basic tools is really easy to copy the shape of the oem V-bolts. Check my profile for more info.

I hope this info help you.

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:19 AM
That's some thick steel.

How much to coax you for another set?

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search