lowered but bouncy. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowered but bouncy.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:12 PM
ok i am new to all this stuff. i have a pretty good idea of what i am doing but need alittle help. i just got a 04 cav, and have already done the little things to it that everyone does when they first start hooking up a new car.

i have installed and intake, exaust, short throw shifter,and drop springs, wich brings me to my question, i need new shocks to get rid of the little bounce i got now.
now i am not looking for extreme preformance, i am going for more show then go.i just want something that will smooth out the ride with out the cost of something like the takico d-spec shocks. so any pointers would be great.

Re: lowered but bouncy.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:27 PM
fill out ur profile, we need to know what setup you have so we can make a suggestion.

this is my sig
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:25 PM
ok well to make it quick i have the dreaded dropzone spring. i have read a on here that a few people think they are crappy, but i think that they are great and did exactly what i wanted them to do....all except the bouncing wich i knew would happen with just the install of the springs and leaving the stock shocks. so just alittle advice on a better shock to get rid of it with out the cost of them extreme preformance shocks. again i am in the army.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:05 PM
i recomend koni shocks then since u went below 1.5 drop otherwise i would have said kyb agx

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:31 PM
koni yellows are your best bet. a little pricey but they are adjustable and very good struts

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:34 PM
ditto, if you wanna ride low you gotta go for the good stuff, live with the bounce till you can get some really good dampers, or go for a little higher and the AGX from KYB. just remember that the AGX are made for only down to 1.5 inches below stock.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:30 AM
well i just went on the koni site and they didnt list the yellow's for my cav. all they listed them in were the camaro and corvette. where can i find them and roughly how much r they
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:35 AM
ok sorry about that i found them and want to thankyou for all your help
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search