Need sugestion on what problem is? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need sugestion on what problem is?
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:14 PM
Allright so I was driving and of course having the @!#$ty weather buffalo has, Ii slide and hit a curb hard now my steering wheel has to be turn like half way to go straight. Even then the car moves side to side like each tire is pulling in a different direction. My question is did i just throw the suspension off real bad or mess something up thats gonna cost me a ton. I am going to have it looked at tommorow so I was wondering if you guys have a possible clue on what it could be so I know what I should be expecting to fix or pay to get fixed

thanks

Re: Need sugestion on what problem is?
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:56 PM
Wells the wheels are out of alignment, thats why the you have to turn the steering wheel to keep straight. The fix could be simple and cheap or expensive and costly, can't tell without seeing it. You might have bent one of your rims, bent a tie rod, bent an axle, etc. Lets hope its none of those, but if you hit hard as you say, most likely its going to cost more than labor to get it "straitened" out.

My friend and I once were driving his dads lincoln towncar and he took a turn to sharp when it was wet and we slid and hopped both wheels sideways over a curb. It drove home but was not cheep getting it repaired right.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:46 PM
well i didnt go over the curb and i bounced back the rim didnt look to bent
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:19 PM
Wouldn't matter if you actually went over the curb or not, depends on how much impact it took as to weather anything was permanently damaged. I would have them check the rim when its in the shop, it could be out of round after a hard impact. Sorry to be bringer of bad news.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search