springs for a 3rd gen will a lot of Junk in trunk - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
springs for a 3rd gen will a lot of Junk in trunk
Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:16 PM
i got a 99 Z24, i wanna lower it to get rid of the wheel-to-fender gap. i got a really heavy sub box, a few amps, the back seat if usually always has passengers, i was looking at a set of Sportlines they have a 1.7" drop in the front and a 2.3" drop in the back. is this a good drop? how about the brand?

here is a pic of my car, stock. and i might have 17 or 18's in the summer.

Thanks in advance,

But let me know asap, i found a set of sportlines for sale and wondering if i should get them.

Re: springs for a 3rd gen will a lot of Junk in tr
Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:17 PM
sorry for got the pic

Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:23 PM
eibachs are a great brand.

as far as which set to go with, how are the roads in your area? if the roads are crappy, then id suggest NOT getting the sportlines, but go with the pro kit

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:40 PM
the roads are not that great, its mostly mountain road (Europe) Lots of turns and bumps.....what would i except to see with the sportlines?
Friday, March 25, 2005 5:26 AM
couldnt tell ya exactly. mine is not lowered yet. but ive heard a lot of people say that due to the roads in their area they went with the prokit because it doesnt lower the car as much as the sport lines.

no matter what set you go with though, you will get a great quality product.

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Friday, March 25, 2005 6:36 AM
well i got the dropzones and people said they arnt the greatest but i love them, i just put the springs on with the stock shocks for now and to my suprise it isnt as bouncy as i was thinking it would be. but i will be getting some kino yellows soon. so try them if you want, they arnt to expinsiveand gave me a nice even clean drop
Friday, March 25, 2005 8:15 AM
There's no way I'd get the Sportlines if I often carried back seat passengers. It made me uncomfortable driving with people in the back when I had them. They're great springs, but that's not what they're made for.

Friday, March 25, 2005 9:07 AM
would it be too low? what exactly am i looking at? i've seen a pic of the pro-kit and its is't that much of a drop, i wanna get rid of the wheel-well gap. I will put a after market bumper on in the summer, my muffler does scrap a bit now, but only on steep driveways.......

Friday, March 25, 2005 3:21 PM
Why not get the TEIN Basic coil-over set or the new Gravana coil-overs - that way you could give an independent adjustable height to the front and back.

I want the Gravana set because the struts have adjustable dampening, but at the moment I am going to leave the stock springs on the back ( right now the car sits level with a full tank of gas and the stereo system in the trunk - if I add people it really makes the back low) using Tokico D-Spec adjustable struts and then use the GoldLine front springs I have or someone elses along with Tokico D-Specs in the front.

I put the GoldLines on the front at the moment and the raked look is pretty hot! But that is my opinion.
Friday, March 25, 2005 3:26 PM
Yeah, if you're planning on riding that low I'd definitely look into some coilovers so you've got the higher spring rate to support the weight.

Put a couple people in the back seat and see how low it sits with the stock springs. 300 lbs does quite the lowering job!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search