Alignment specs should be...? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alignment specs should be...?
Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:38 AM
I plan on getting my alignment done next week and was reading up on how people now what their alignment specs are....

I have now idea what the specs should be on my 2000 Cavi Z24....

I'm lowered on KYB GR2's ( bad idea but l will be on bags next year )
And Eibach Sportlines....
No sort of camber kit...

I know very little about Suspension besides the what everything does....so please leihmines ( spelling ) terms...

Re: Alignment specs should be...?
Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:32 AM
you don't need a camber kit, get a computerized alignment, the computer knows what is acceptable, and ask for a print out of what the results are. the sheets i have gotten have alway told me what the tolerances were for each specification.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:27 AM
Cinny wrote:you don't need a camber kit, get a computerized alignment, the computer knows what is acceptable, and ask for a print out of what the results are. the sheets i have gotten have alway told me what the tolerances were for each specification.

I don't think so about the camber kit. I needed one so that the camber could be put into spec. just two bolts, one for each side. this was because of being lowered. and it was done on a computer. i'm pretty sure the camber kit is needed.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:31 AM
So l can't get a alignment with a chamber kit...?

Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:19 PM
after you do any change(to the suspention), def look into an alignment. theres no chart on how soon you will need it afterwards, but try to do so within a week. wearing your tires down cause you were too lazy...well its not smart , but to each their own. alignments in the US of A cost about 40-60$, maybe 70 at some shops...

some things you should know when getting an alignment

you dont need camber bolts. camber isnt changed much. so no matter what you friends and shops who drive imports say, its not needed. not unless you go extreme at like 3.5+ inches, but if you go that level, then CV joints will wear quick and you'll most likely blow struts riding around... so you might as well buy camber bolts, cause on reg suspension you'll be paying more in due time...

you shouldnt have to supply specs as the place should already have em

and

if a shop says they cant align a lowered car...leave... right then and there is a line of pure BS.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:25 PM
and could someone take care of this its really annoying....

Message [o954c7917eddc48eba43f021c83ce574c.pro] triggered rule [Anti-Spam Agent] at 3:20:46 PM 3/24/2005

Sender: cinpro@bellsouth.net
Recipient(s): wzehr@city.waterloo.on.ca
Subject: [JBO] Re: Alignment specs should be...?

Your message has been isolated by the Anti-Spam Agent on our Mail filter. If this is
a legitimate email, please e-mail

Administrator@city.waterloo.on.ca

Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:07 PM
Camber bolts are not needed it you are going to good shop you won't need one. I went to one shop that could never get my camber correct. The one i am going to has a brand new alignment maching and got my alignment perfect and iam lower sportlines but a tad. Even if you need camber bolts a good shop should have some to install on your car.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:50 PM
There are two ways to adjust camber on our cars:
1. Camber bolts
2. Slot the bottom hole on the strut where it attaches to the spindle.

Number 2 is how they most likely did Deji's(mylife75).

Even if you have 2 deg of negative camber I wouldn't change it. I would only try to have them get the same amount on both sides. If you rotate your tires properly a little negative camber can be a good thing because it helps your cornering.

Stock Alignment Specs (taken from ny-jbodies.com)
Front Caster 4.3 deg +/- 1.00 deg
Front Camber 0.00 deg +/- 1.00 deg
Individual Toe 0.00 deg +/- 0.12 deg
Sum Toe 0.00 deg +/- 0.25 deg
Cross Camber 0.00 deg +/- 1.00 deg
Cross Caster 0.00 deg +/- 1.00 deg
Rear Camber -0.40 deg +/- 0.75 deg
Rear Sum Toe 0.20 deg +/- 0.30 deg
Rear Thrust Angle 0.00 deg +/- 0.25 deg

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search