Lower than sportlines?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lower than sportlines??
Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:43 PM
Just curious if there's any springs out there lowerthan sportlines. I really don't wanna dish out the cash for coilovers or air, but it looks like that's gonna be all I can do. Hopefully someone knows some springs that are lower than the sportlines, if they're out there at all. If not, I guess my wallets gonna be hurtin.

Tim

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04

Re: Lower than sportlines??
Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:37 PM
Spring wise you cant't find one lower than sportlines.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:58 PM
Didn't really expect to hear anything, I guess sportlines and yellows it is, for now. Coilovers/struts would kill me. Who knows, maybe there's some air in my future???

Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Friday, March 25, 2005 8:23 AM
Unless you only tend to lower it for shows, air ride is your only option. You can't drive around regularly that low. It's just not safe. There's not enough suspension travel.

With air, you can do it on a whim whenever you want. WIth coilovers, it's still a fair bit of effort to change the height so you can only really do it for shows and stuff. It's not like you can do it on a nice smooth road and then come up when it's time to make the corner onto a normal street.

Friday, March 25, 2005 4:39 PM
Sportlines/yellows is only around $200 less than COilovers and yellows. Right?

I mean $200-250 isnt much more when you consider you have enough for Yellows and springs. Wait a couple more weeks get some GC's instead and be happy with the ability to fine tune the height.

I am all that is man

Friday, March 25, 2005 6:05 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Unless you only tend to lower it for shows, air ride is your only option. You can't drive around regularly that low. It's just not safe. There's not enough suspension travel.

With air, you can do it on a whim whenever you want. WIth coilovers, it's still a fair bit of effort to change the height so you can only really do it for shows and stuff. It's not like you can do it on a nice smooth road and then come up when it's time to make the corner onto a normal street.

Yeah, I didn't really think about that aspect before, I guess air is gonna be the way to go.

Thanks for the advice.
Tim

Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search