coilover removal - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
coilover removal
Friday, March 25, 2005 3:11 PM
im taking off a pair of coilovers i have on, i was wondering do i need to use a spring compressor to put the original rear springs on or not? and can anyone throw me a real quick how to, thanks much love, peace

Re: coilover removal
Friday, March 25, 2005 3:38 PM
yes you would need one. unless your very strong and able to push down the plate to hold the spring down to put the bolt on. just go to a auto store and rent a set. (i never reinstalled stock springs so i dont know you need to be really strong to push them back down but i assume so since they are under alot of pressure when you take them off)

Friday, March 25, 2005 4:31 PM
Do you still have the spring perches and all the other mount pieces you need?

If you had a proper coilover install then it's likely you now need new front struts as the perches would have been cut off.

Friday, March 25, 2005 9:36 PM
no i made the stupid mistake of gettin the dropzones, had them on for 3 days and f***king hate them, i went over a real nasty bump and if knocked off my whole system and my exceleron amp got messed up so i had to send it in to kenwood so now im riding around with no subs, so i want to go back to stock springs so my struts dont blow out, thanks for the input, peace
Friday, March 25, 2005 10:15 PM
sure you did your install correctly? ive been riding on dropzone coils and koni red struts for 3 years with no problems.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:54 AM
yah i had a friend do it for me, so you are riding with dropzone coilovers on koni reds and you like it?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search