Baer Big Brake Kit Group Buy?? - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Baer Big Brake Kit Group Buy??
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:05 PM
Bossman - I believe 16" is the smallest wheel that can be used.

As far as pricing, I could possibly go slightly lower, but it would depend on what payment method's were used. If you use credit card or paypal, I wouldn't be able to lower the price much more. If you used a money order, the price could drop another $15 per kit approximately.

Credit card or paypal payment
Front kit - $810
Rear kit - $760

Money order payment
Front kit - $795
Rear kit - $745

There wouldn't be much wait at all once the kit was ordered... 2-4 days... A week tops for most of them.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:07 PM
Dave Angell wrote:would you be able to give a better discount for people buying the front and rear kit

Like another $15 off for both kits ordered.... So it could be as low as $1525 for both the front & rear kits.

PHONE 763-682-9945

Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:09 PM
Plus there is a $150 core refund, (like Weasel said) if you return your old spindles to Baer.

PHONE 763-682-9945

Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:03 PM
I would be paying with a money order. Would the 1525 include shipping. Would you have to wait for more orders before you can ship. How soon would the parts ship once you recieve payment

Thursday, March 10, 2005 7:50 PM
aPlusPerformance.com ~~ Jason wrote:There wouldn't be much wait at all once the kit was ordered... 2-4 days... A week tops for most of them.

Those prices don't include shipping.

PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, March 11, 2005 6:42 AM
aPlusPerformance.com ~~ Jason wrote:Plus there is a $150 core refund, (like Weasel said) if you return your old spindles to Baer.

Are you sure on this one? Have you sold the front kits before? I thought there was a core charge ON TOP of those prices you're charging and then you get it back when returning your stock spindles.

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:45 AM
Well, I must be mis-informed from my warehouse & Baer, or I'm just reading this wrong.

Quote:

This brake system includes a $150 refund if the customer sends back
their old spindles to BAER, all the return info is included and prepaid by BAER. You don't need to do anything to facilitate this.

Am I reading that wrong? Must be.

I guess don't hold me to that until I can get further information

PHONE 763-682-9945

Friday, March 11, 2005 2:06 PM
Would replacement rotors be available from a parts store of only from baer

Friday, March 11, 2005 2:33 PM
Dave Angell wrote:Would replacement rotors be available from a parts store of only from baer

Generally speaking, you'd have to get them from Baer. You can get them from any parts store but then you have to have them machined to fit. They need to be re-drilled for the 5x100 bolt pattern and perhaps have the hub circle machined to fit the adapters. Probably better off getting them from Baer.

With that in mind, the rear rotors will almost surely last you the life of the car and the fronts will probably only need replacing every 4 to 5 years. You won't go through these like you go through normal rotors unless you're racing with them, or completely retarded in your driving habits.

Mine have been on for well over a year now and show pretty much no signs of wear yet.

Friday, March 11, 2005 2:40 PM
Is there anyone with pics of the front or rear brakes on the car

Friday, March 11, 2005 5:56 PM
Dave Angell wrote:Is there anyone with pics of the front or rear brakes on the car

Nope. Nobody.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:01 AM
Nobody?!? Look at your signature before you talk. geez

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Saturday, March 12, 2005 11:27 AM
This is something I would be interested in, though I won't have the money for 2 weeks. How does one get in on this?
Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:47 PM
Eric Esler wrote:This is something I would be interested in, though I won't have the money for 2 weeks. How does one get in on this?

I think jason will post details once it goes to the GP forum

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:47 PM
Weasel, what about pad replacement ? Seriously though how long did your pads last on the rears? I doubt they would be the same size as stock ones right?

Thanks man

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:58 PM
I think that most of the parts are for a corvette so am I correct in assuming that corvette rear pads would work

Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:00 PM
silver lightning wrote:Weasel, what about pad replacement ? Seriously though how long did your pads last on the rears? I doubt they would be the same size as stock ones right?

Thanks man

You can't really compare the size of disc brake pads to the size of the drum brake shoes. Not really relevant.

As for how long they last... well... they're going to last a long freakin' time and you can buy replacements from any parts store. They're stock pads for an 89-97 f-body.

I bought replacements from Pat here only because I wanted to go with a cleaner dusting pad than what Baer provided.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:28 PM
bump
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:30 PM
There will be a GP posted shortly.... I don't know when exactly other than shortly There won't be a minumum order.

PHONE 763-682-9945

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:25 PM
Thanks weasel, I was referring to the stock front pads but you answered my question.

sig removed due to uglyness...
New sig will be here soon.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:49 PM
Ok so let me see if if i got everything stright.
The brakes are 13" front and 12" rear? and these will fit under some 16s. Its also upon us to send our own spindals in to bear to get our core deposit?

Is there a color choice of calipers and Is there any way to get the 12" fronts also?

- 97 Z24 Racecar work in progress
- 04 WRX STi
ATR Crew Member

Friday, March 18, 2005 6:24 AM
13" fronts supposedly fit in SOME 16" wheels but it's very unlikely and I doubt they'll fit the stock ones.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 2:05 PM
Is this still an option?
Sunday, March 27, 2005 5:38 PM
It's not going to be a GP, because of the current one running... But if you want this combo, contact me for a great price.

PHONE 763-682-9945

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search