Anybody have extra coilover parts ?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody have extra coilover parts ??
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:33 PM
Hey org.

Just like the topic says im looking for some ground control or similar coilover parts if any of you guys out there have extra parts kicking arround, i would really appreciate it, and of course some money -- I NEED THE TOP Hat and bearings for the front coils. Check out the pic and what ever u see i need. Oh yea i will need 2 sets but if you only have one then ill still take it. And what if i buy the cheap ebay coilovers and just take the parts from that, do you think it will fit my ground controls? Thanks alot guys.

Please respond here or email me at

plourdo@gmail.com

~*Gilles*~

Re: Anybody have extra coilover parts ??
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:44 PM
Well what DO you have and what do you still need?

There's a thread here somewhere detailing where you can get the bearings for just a few bucks each.

Are you just trying to put a kit together on the cheap or something? Do you at least have the proper fitting Ground Control or RK Sport sleeves?

Thursday, March 24, 2005 4:17 PM
Quote:

Are you just trying to put a kit together on the cheap or something?

^^^ LOL no no your totaly thinking the wrong way but your funny tho I do have the ground controls with the koni's but i bought them used from someone who installed them the wrong way or did some half a$$ job and i took everything apart and im missing these exact parts listed. Thats all, thx anyways i still appreciate it. Oh and would you know were i could find that thread for those cheap bearings. Thanks Weasel

~Gilles~

Thursday, March 24, 2005 4:42 PM
Interested in the bearings too.

If you buy a cheap eBay set let me know, I'll take the sleeves and perches if they're the same height as my RK coils. I'll also pay half to you Gilles.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:42 PM
Ah right on, that does sound like a good idea Joe. I also added you to my msn (beverlyhillsgilles@hotmail.com) and if you want we could make arrangements there or you could call me if you want or vice versa. The thing is i live in Canada but its only 5 cents a minute for me since i have alot of american friends (hot u.s. chix) god i envy u guys hehe. But yea try to get ahold of me asap since i really wanna fix this soon. Thanks alot Joe.

~*Gilles*~

Friday, March 25, 2005 11:56 AM
Find me an auction that you're looking at and link me, and I'll make sure they're the sleeves/perches I need.

BTW I use AIM way more than MSN .

Friday, March 25, 2005 12:04 PM
I made an offer to a guy in my regional forum who's selling cheap ebay coilovers I assume, I told him I want everything but the springs, so I'll see if he takes my offer, have the stuff mailed to me, then work out a deal with you if you'd like.

Friday, March 25, 2005 3:24 PM
Note that most of the cheap eBay kits don't come with top hats or bearings. That's just one of the many issues with them.

Here's the thread about the bearings. I doubt you'll find them any cheaper elsewhere!

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=82013&t=82013#82013

Friday, March 25, 2005 5:28 PM
Just my 2 cents, b/c I just did this thanks to Wild Weasel for hooking me up with the parts The GC springs WILL fit on cheap ebay coils, as far as the perch and top hat goes. The ebay set that I got or "R1 Racing" as they are called came with two different sized top hats.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:53 AM
^^^^^ Sweeet and thank you

Joe: Just make sure the guy has the top hats (most important) and then the bearings and i will definatly purchase the stuff from you Thanks alot u been great help and i dont have AIM sorry so if u can try to come on msn or call me, its up to you brotha.

Weasel: Thanks dude, you know ill get yea a timmies everytime u help me out hehe

~*Gilles*~

Saturday, March 26, 2005 7:19 PM
i am looking for the rear ground control sleeves and perches

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:21 AM
If someone wants my perches and crap I have some parts. They are only cheap ebay ones but I am sure they will work for you. I just have them laying around from a friend of mine that changed his suspension. I have no bearings though since they are ebay ones
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:33 AM
Hey blkcav98

I am definatly interested, please email me at plourdo@gmail.com and if you can give me your phone number or ill give you mine and we could make arrangements. Thanks.

Joe: any word yet on the parts your getting. You know im still interested as well.

plourdo@gmail.com

~*Gilles*~

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:31 AM
Note that the sleeves from Ground Control are made to fit securly on the struts and shocks similarly to how the stock spring perches sit. This can safely support the weight of the car.

Many of the cheap eBay sleeves are expected to either sit ON the stock spring perch (retarded) or are held in place by set screws put in the sides (even more retarded).

There's no way in hell I'd trust my car to be held up by a few set screws.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search