ABS malfunction - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ABS malfunction
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:06 AM
I had my car in the Chevy garage because my ABS light is on. He said that the driver side wheel speed sensor is reading "0" and that it would be 170 + labor to fix. My question is could I do this myself for less $? he said the whole bearing would need replaced. what parts would I need? I do have the Haynes repair manual so I should be able to figure it out.

Re: ABS malfunction
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:24 AM
Sure you can. Read through the instructions on how to do it to ensure there's nothing too confusing for you. You should be able to borrow pickle forks and the axle nut socket from any decent parts place. Then just go to town.

Be careful not to tear the ball joint or tie bar boots.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:44 PM
well the light is only coming on every once in a while now...so I don't know what's up.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:13 AM
My girlfiend and I have the same problem with the abs. she has a sunfire and i have a cavalier. since her car is still under warranty, she took her car to the dealership and they said that the wires were loose and they had to replace the harness. i'll take my car to the dealership also in a few days and i'll let you know what they say.

"My girlfriend can smoke you like a cigar!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search