kyb - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
kyb
Thursday, April 07, 2005 7:32 PM
i kno the KYB struts are good how are the GR-2? are they good also? i just want to drop it 1.5 on eibach springs but want to replace the stock struts. are these GR-2 real strong and will they be good with springs? i just bought rims and need some drop. but im not big into slamming cuz my body kits low as it is. cuz i dont wanna run into a risk of blowing a strut and if the Gr-2's are fine for waht i want then im ok with that. The AGX is wayyyy to low, anyt input is great thanx.

Re: kyb
Thursday, April 07, 2005 7:38 PM
i think the GR-2 are just like stock. but a little stiffer and not really made for lowering.

the AGX made by kyb are fine for a 1.5 inch drop. any lower and you have to get konis

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, April 08, 2005 4:59 AM
see my problem is...my friend has a 99 Eclipse and i kno its totally diff but with the eibach pro kit it claimed a 1" drop for his car. he put the AGX and he is about .25" from his tire. i dont want to be that low so im afraid to get the AGX. the Pro kit claims 1.4" im scared ill be at the same height if now lower than he was. Has anyone gotten away with putting springs on stock shocks and struts for time being? or should i not take the chance. my boys del sol has been on springs only for 1 year and is fine but cavalier suspension sux. so anything would help me here.thanx
Friday, April 08, 2005 7:34 AM
struts have nothing to do with making the car any lower, the springs are what drops the car. i had pro-kits/agx's, and here's the drop i got:

as you can see, there's still a pretty good amount of room between the fender and tire

Saturday, April 09, 2005 10:27 PM
That looks like a nice drop. The AGX will hold up to the drop of 2 inches if the roads are nice.

I'll have a sig someday....................
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:31 AM
Brown eye do you like the drop? I just orderd me a pro kit..i was going to order sportlines but where i live it would have drug alot, does the pro kit look alright?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:28 PM
the drop looks good, but i went from having gold-lines to having pro-kits, so i was never really satisfied with it. i'm going to be buying gold-lines again. the extra .3" i gained with the eibachs really helped driving, though. but, i'm a careful driver, so i want to be lower

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search