Front sway bar on car pic. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front sway bar on car pic.
Monday, April 11, 2005 3:41 PM
Well, i'm ordering my eibach sway bar kit tonight and i dont have a factory installed front sway bar. So what i need if its possible is a picture of a front sway bar, any front sway bar picture so i know where i need to drill the holes if i need to at all to put that thing up. and yes i know the eibach kit doesnt come with the d-bushing brackets and i have the brackets and bolts i bought from the dealer today.

Thanks!

Re: Front sway bar on car pic.
Monday, April 11, 2005 3:43 PM
If you do a search there is a spectacular article that walks you through a front sway bar installation step by step with pictures.

Monday, April 11, 2005 4:06 PM
Ummm, please don't drill anything when installing the Eibach swaybars. The only thing you might want to do to the subframe is run a tap through the driver side hole meant for the bolt that holds the clamp in place. I didn't have a factory sway bar either, and getting that bolt in was a real PITA. Doable without a tap, but it will take a lot of elbow grease.

And you really only need to buy one bolt from the dealer, IIRC. There is one in the passenger side of the subframe holding a brake line down.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Monday, April 11, 2005 4:47 PM
ok, i did a search and found nothing which is why i posted this topic. any ideas where this page is?
Monday, April 11, 2005 7:59 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=38962&t=38955

Its not how fast your car goes....its how much nerve the driver has to push it that fast.
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:21 PM
Thanks LittleBill

Monday, April 11, 2005 8:59 PM
Heh, I remember that post being a great help when I was doing my install. I had a 2.25" exhaust at the time, and it was impossible to lower the subframe enough to get the thick Eibach bar in. I also have a header, so all I had to do was disconnect the downpipe and it gave me more than enough room.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search