Daily Driver - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Daily Driver
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:52 PM
First off i've got the flame suit on. I was reading on here about the koni sport kit...doesn't look like it's lowered at all. From your experience, which combination do you recommend with 17's? Something that actually looks lowered and doesn't cost over 8-900 for everything...so that means no air ride. Thanks.

Re: Daily Driver
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:57 PM
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2001_Pontiac_Sunfire_Coupe_2.2.aspx/1/702/__Coilovers_Tein_Basic_Damper_Kit_Drop_2.5_Front_2.4_Rear_

would these be sufficient? and i'm not sure if they are adjustable height or not, but would that be all i need...im new to suspension

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:07 PM
I think for like 150 more you can get Gravana's coilovers which look like the best setup I have seen for j-body cars. He had a group purchase on those in the g.p. forum.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:10 PM
Gravanas, like Zach said, or the rksport kit.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:17 PM
yeah i saw those but haven't seen any pics with them on. Jim has taken alot of money from me already...why not some more.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:26 PM
Why do you need to see pics of them on the car? They are coilovers. You can set the height wherever you want (within reason). I think Dave posted some pics of them on his car though.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:42 PM
What is the difference between Gravana's Coilover kit and Rk's Pro Streets? I have the Pro Streets. Only thing I know of is the tender spring with the Pro Streets. Anything else?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:44 PM
Jim's come with adjustable shocks/struts. Thats a HUGE advantage in my book.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:50 PM
Sorry, not up on that too much. So you can basically adjust the strut? I thought that is what the threads were for and what not?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:55 PM
No, the threads are so you can adjust ride height. Jim's coilovers are "double adjustable" meaning you can compress the spring more to adjust ride height or adjust the perch for the spring (so that the spring isn't actually compressed). Adjustable struts/shocks allow you to change the firmness of the shocks. This is usefull for fine tuning your suspension.

Rk's coils have none of this.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:12 PM
I see, and how would one go about adjusting the struts? A dash mounted button??? I'm still learning, grrr. I knew the threads were to adjust ride height, just didn't understand the whole adjustable strut thing. Sorry for my lame a$$ questions!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:29 PM
Normally, you adjust them by turning a screw on top of the strut. On more expensive systems (not available for our cars) you can find a setup that is remote adjustable.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search