strut/shock mount part #s and question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strut/shock mount part #s and question
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:55 PM
I just ordered tokico D-spec shocks and struts and i wanted to replace the mounts also. I replaced the fronts mounts once before and they were like $80 a piece from the dealer, so is it possible to use the 95/99 strut/shock mount with the d-specs? Are the 95/99 mounts any cheaper? If not, does anyone know the part #s so i can get a price on them at Gmpartsdirect ? Since my car has been lowered every inspection i need to change my mount because one is always shot, last year it was my front driver side, this year i need the rear passanger side.

Bruce
red03ecotec

Re: strut/shock mount part #s and question
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:45 PM
just go to autozone....

ps, are you going to buy just rear mounts or fronts? or both?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:49 PM
As of right now all i planned to buy was 1 rear strut mount, my other 3 mounts are good. Im going to have the d-specs and sportlines as my summer set up, and kyb gr2's with stock springs as my winter set up. I live in pa and i drive my car all year round. So eventually ill be buying a more mounts so i can just unbolt and switch the 2 setups. Will the 95/99 mounts work, are they any cheaper? Do you know of any aftermarket mounts avaliable, ive searched and i havent come up with anything.

Bruce
red03ecotec

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:54 PM
the rear strut mounts are the same for all third gen jbodies

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:06 PM
Alright, thanks for your help Cody, now all i need is to get my mounts and wait for my d-specs.

Bruce
red03ecotec

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:44 AM
Rears are $40 a piece at Autozone, I just bought some myself.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search