Question about lowering with the KYB AGXs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about lowering with the KYB AGXs
Monday, April 11, 2005 2:59 PM
I have a 1996 z24, and i want to lower it. i already have the coilovers (which allow a car to be lowered up to 3 inches), and i was wondering how well the KYB AGX adjustable struts would do for this.

i have heard that the AGXs are only good for lowering up to 1.5 inches, but i want to go 2.0 or maybe even 2.5 inches. Do you guys think the AGXs would be fine for lowering up to 2.5 inches?

let me know what you guys think. thanks.

Re: Question about lowering with the KYB AGXs
Monday, April 11, 2005 3:19 PM
the AGX are only good for a 1.5 inch drop. after that the warrenty is void will probaly blow. get Koni yellows if you want coilovers

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, April 11, 2005 3:40 PM
AGXs probably are not a good choice, what about Tokico D's, I thought they were okay to lower on.

Monday, April 11, 2005 7:36 PM
First thing AGX were not designed for Coil overs because other spring rate so it does not matter if they are lowered 1" on coil overs.

They were designed for springs up to 1.5" The spring used are progessive and not linear. So AGX is not a good Choice. I am not sure what coil overs if you have an ebay coil over you have coil over with very high spring rate and most struts are not going to be much of a help. If you have Ground Control Coil overs Koni's will be your best bet.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, April 11, 2005 7:44 PM
would these struts be okay to use with the eibach pro kit?? 1.4" drop? Is the ride okay on them?
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:35 PM
ya with the pro-kit they'd be perfect....i hear the combo is a very nice ride

Check Cardomain for PICS
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:47 AM
would these tokicos be good for what i want to do:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7967210685&category=33590&sspagename=WDVW

i couldnt find any of the tokico D's, but is the HP a good model?
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:06 PM
i talked to the guy at this performance shop today. he agreed with you guys and said the KYB AGXs arent good for lowering more then like 1 inch. however he said he could get me some regular base version tokicos for around 300$ for all 4.

should i get the tokicos and drop my car 2.5 inches on those? will those struts be good for the lowering i want to do?

thanks!
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:42 PM
I think the base version Tokicos are going to be the same things as GR2's that is if they are talking about the HP's

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:16 PM
does anyone know what the range of drop is for the Weapon-R Circuit Pro coil-overs is? and if they are any good on tokicos?

most of the coil-overs i have seen adjust from .00 to 3.00 or even 4.00 in some cases, but i cant find any site where it has the specifications for the WeaponRs
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:47 AM
Weapon R has a very high spring rate i don't think any struts available will help. Stay away from them. Just use Ground-Contiol or get a full coil over set up. You are trying to do a half a$$ job on this. Just do it right and save yourself the hassel.

all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search