Which rear sway bar is easiest to install? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which rear sway bar is easiest to install?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:02 PM
I have an 04 cavalier and would really like to add a rear sway bar, but I have found so many different opinions regarding different brands. Which rear sway bar would be the easiest for me to install with basic tools. I would love a simple bolt on. The thickness doesn't matter to much to me because anything is better then what I have now. Just want it to feel more sporty and not dip and sway on light turns. Let me know, thanks!

Re: Which rear sway bar is easiest to install?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:20 PM
RKSport took about 20-30 min, easy as pie.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:24 PM
i just bought an rksport rear.. i have no other mods done to my suspension.. what do you think i can expect as for performance.. btw i have a z24 and i asume there is a front bar already

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
Garret t3 turbo charger for sale.. $75 plus shipping
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass..
$900 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:39 PM
If you have a Z then you SHOULD have a front bar stock, my recommendation is get some polly bushings for the front sway bar and put them in the same day you install your rear bar. over all the rear sway bar is one of the most significant changes you can make. it is a good match up IMO

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:42 PM
rk bar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:02 PM
Well, it only took me about 30min to install the addco bar. The bars that require drilling are not complicated at all.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:16 PM
Thing is I'm at school and dont have a drill. Is the RK one basically bolt on? Also, do I need jack stands or can I fit under there with enough room? I'll check tomorrow I guess.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:02 PM
by a drill from a cheal discount store. get the addco. make your car handle as good as it looks.

see ya!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 6:30 AM
Eibach one was easy as pie with no drilling.

Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:38 AM
I got the Intrax sway bars delivered to me yesterday, and will probably be putting on the rear this weekend. Haven't really looked under my new 'fire or read the instructions yet, so I don't know how much (if any) drilling is going to be needed

Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:31 AM
DeadBob wrote:I got the Intrax sway bars delivered to me yesterday, and will probably be putting on the rear this weekend. Haven't really looked under my new 'fire or read the instructions yet, so I don't know how much (if any) drilling is going to be needed

Please let me know how that goes because I'm def interested in the intrax kit

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search