rotor upgrade - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rotor upgrade
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:16 AM
If I go to 18's will my stock rotors still work or is it better to upgrade to new slotted rotors.

hugs and hand pounds, peace

Re: rotor upgrade
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:53 AM
you can go with a big brake kit. thats even better

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:09 AM
Slotted or drilled rotors, with nice drilled pads and Stenless steel brake lines...

the brakes will work better than stock, and they will look great
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:53 PM
drilled pads???? do you mean rivited, J body pads are bonded unless you go with the big un's upgrade. slotted rotors really helped me out with braking in the rain.

CAR GODS MADE THE 1.6 SOHC TO MAKE US 2.2 OHV GUYS FEEL BETTER.
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 3:36 PM
Neto PR wrote:Slotted or drilled rotors, with nice drilled pads and Stenless steel brake lines...

the brakes will work better than stock, and they will look great

Because good looking breaks are what really counts...

Slotted rotors are a waste of money in my opinion. I had a set that I used for autocross. They make a bit of difference in the rain, but they don't improve your braking distance much. Using drilled rotors is risky (they tend to crack) and the slotted and drilled rotors are just plain stupid (you only retain about 85% of the surface area).

Here's what I reccomend:
Stainless lines for the front calipers
Quality rotor from any local parts store
A ceramic/kevlar type pad. -- If you don't mind the dust axxis ultimates work great, you can pick up a set from Nopi's store fairly cheap. The PF-Z pads at autozone are supposed to be good pads as well.

You can try to see if Pat (stopitbrakes) will sell you the lines and all, but I'm not sure. He would definatley be the least expensive route.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search