Tein or Rk sport pro streets?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein or Rk sport pro streets??
Monday, April 11, 2005 1:23 PM
Hey peeps

Just wondering which would be the better of the two. I did a serach but could come up with anything solid so that's why I'm posting. I'm lowering my car this summer and am looking for stiff yet not too bumpy of a ride. Oh and it's going on an 03 sunfire.

Thanks

Re: Tein or Rk sport pro streets??
Monday, April 11, 2005 4:24 PM
Gotta be Tein. Rk's are junk

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Monday, April 11, 2005 4:45 PM
^ Why are they junk?

I have the prostreets and they are great. The ride is stiff but they handle great. I have heard good things and some bad about both setups. Neither have external adjustable damping but I prefer RK for now. When the Tein Super street setup with adjustable damping comes out that will be the suspension to buy.

My Sunbird.... Still has some attitude
Monday, April 11, 2005 4:52 PM
i think the tein is stiffer and will likely handle better but ride a little rougher

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, April 11, 2005 5:47 PM
silver lightning wrote:^ Why are they junk?

I have the prostreets and they are great. The ride is stiff but they handle great. I have heard good things and some bad about both setups. Neither have external adjustable damping but I prefer RK for now. When the Tein Super street setup with adjustable damping comes out that will be the suspension to buy.

Monday, April 11, 2005 7:48 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:i think the tein is stiffer and will likely handle better but ride a little rougher

^^ exactly so

Monday, April 11, 2005 9:03 PM
stiffer? the ride was HORRENDOUS. i had my car 14 threads up in the back and 10 up front. NO where near tucking tire or being slammed. Hell there was no slack in the spring when the car was lifted on the lift and the ride was a disgrace. Got coil binding? mind did it all the time, did the strut mount mod.. was quiet for about 15 minutes then started making more racket. i have had every kind of suspension now, (got H&R's on AGX'S finally) and can honestly say it handles just as well as my coils and rides 100000x's better, AND was a whole lot cheaper. But thats just my experience.

Monday, April 11, 2005 9:19 PM
^^ what the hell are you talking about?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:48 AM
K then, I think I'm going for the teins, thanks for the input. So is there anyone here selling theirs?
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:54 AM
The Tein Basic coilovers are a very new setup, I doubt that anyone who has them will sell them. Good choice you can't go wrong with Tein or RK IMO.

My Sunbird.... Still has some attitude
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:32 AM
Heh, I doubt that anyone who has them will WANT to sell them. They are sweet.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:36 PM
97blkZ24 wrote:stiffer? the ride was HORRENDOUS. i had my car 14 threads up in the back and 10 up front. NO where near tucking tire or being slammed. Hell there was no slack in the spring when the car was lifted on the lift and the ride was a disgrace. Got coil binding? mind did it all the time, did the strut mount mod.. was quiet for about 15 minutes then started making more racket. i have had every kind of suspension now, (got H&R's on AGX'S finally) and can honestly say it handles just as well as my coils and rides 100000x's better, AND was a whole lot cheaper. But thats just my experience.

Ha, I have my car about 5 threads up in the front and I can fit less than two fingers in there. So I don't know what you're bitching about. I've jacked mine up and sure enough there was lots of slack. And I don't have coil bind either and no noise up front, so.....maybe you just got some f*cked up ones cause I'm loving mine. And why would you slam your car, talk about stiff and no rebound in the spring, @!#$.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:53 AM
Jason M wrote:
97blkZ24 wrote:stiffer? the ride was HORRENDOUS. i had my car 14 threads up in the back and 10 up front. NO where near tucking tire or being slammed. Hell there was no slack in the spring when the car was lifted on the lift and the ride was a disgrace. Got coil binding? mind did it all the time, did the strut mount mod.. was quiet for about 15 minutes then started making more racket. i have had every kind of suspension now, (got H&R's on AGX'S finally) and can honestly say it handles just as well as my coils and rides 100000x's better, AND was a whole lot cheaper. But thats just my experience.

Ha, I have my car about 5 threads up in the front and I can fit less than two fingers in there. So I don't know what you're bitching about. I've jacked mine up and sure enough there was lots of slack. And I don't have coil bind either and no noise up front, so.....maybe you just got some f*cked up ones cause I'm loving mine. And why would you slam your car, talk about stiff and no rebound in the spring, @!#$.

you can cool the @!#$ down u idiot. i tried it every single way. If u read the thread it says i was NO WHERE NEAR SLAMMED. Hell my car looked like a 4x4 compared to my buddies cars, and it still rode like @!#$. I think they are Junk, i hated them, and thought them to be complete @!#$. I suggested Tiens since i hear so many great things about them. And i personally love my current set up. It handles and rides just as good if not better then those stupid ass coilovers. My best mod was to get rid of them. Thankfully the kid who bought them likes them just like u.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:24 PM
I've heard mixed things about both sets. Honestly, I was going to buy the teins, then I decided to keep my ground controls. Sure, they ride stiff with whatever shock or strut you throw at them, but I am an excellent driver, avoid all objects in the road that I can see, and I don't drive on heavy snow days in the winter. So, it makes sense to keep with my current suspension for cost reasons for college. Honestly, the best set of full coli-overs out there for the money right now would be the Gravana tuning ones. About 100 dollars more than tein, but they should be sweet.

I'll have a sig someday....................
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:59 PM
Just sign up for the GP on the Gravana Coilovers they are the same cost and better than either of those setups

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:00 PM
97blkZ24 wrote:
Jason M wrote:

you can cool the @!#$ down u idiot. i tried it every single way. If u read the thread it says i was NO WHERE NEAR SLAMMED. Hell my car looked like a 4x4 compared to my buddies cars, and it still rode like @!#$. I think they are Junk, i hated them, and thought them to be complete @!#$. I suggested Tiens since i hear so many great things about them. And i personally love my current set up. It handles and rides just as good if not better then those stupid ass coilovers. My best mod was to get rid of them. Thankfully the kid who bought them likes them just like u.

We all have our own opinions. But honestly, your setup must have been messed up. Just going by how my car sits and rides. Didn't mean to piss you off or anything.

Thursday, April 14, 2005 6:02 PM
I have had the rksport prostreet for 2 years now and i they are very nice. I haven't heard alot about the tein really. But I drive with my prostreet slammed all 9 months out of the year with my 19's and they ride excellant. My only complaint would be the debrit that gets stuck on the threads after the bad winters and salt and makes it very hard to adjust them. But a good cleaning with some acidex and wd40 does the trick. I liked the set up because i didn't have to adjust any valving and it went plenty low enough. I really didn't see the need to have adjustable valving since i don't race every weekend. If i had the money though...i would get the gravana set up and use that during the summer and then use the rksports over winter. Basically, pick the setup that fits your needs best and go with that. Tein, rk, or gravanna are all nice setups, just some have more options then others which you may need or not. Either way I think all of these setups should come with pillow ball mounts with adjustable camber plates.

Friday, April 15, 2005 4:02 PM
^^^^ I know what you mean i got all kinda rocks stuck in mine right now

Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:56 PM
Just put my TEINs on this weekend, they are amazing to say the least, ride doesnt seem much different at all except that i feel much more comfortable going around corners at certain speeds. Handles so well, ride is great. Install was cake as long as u can get the bolts undone but that will be the same for anything.

TEIN for sure gets my vote.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:51 AM
Have you thought about Gravana's coilovers?

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:39 AM
yea i would have to say that they ride nice also ....they arent that expensive ! i only have them on my rear cause i havent been able to put them in the front cause of this lil' problem i ran into...any one wanna help me out!! please! http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=42&i=20600&t=20600

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search