RKsport Control Arms - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RKsport Control Arms
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:16 AM
I did a search...didn't seem to come up with anything about these specifically so...

It doesn't look like RKsport offers them anymore...I might be able to get them still if I work at it.

The thing is, I want to know if they come with the ball joints or not. I screwed up one of my current ones doing springs and struts (I punctured the boot taking the steering knuckle off...doh. it's currently band-aided with electrical tape until i fix it).

I've been looking at them anyway, especially after having troubles with installing poly bushings. I have to take the suspension apart again to fix the bushings and ball joints anyway and I was wondering if the RKsport arms had the ball joints or if i'm better off just trying poly bushings again.

And if i'm better off trying poly again, I originally bought the prothane set, and the big vertical busing (the rear one on the front control arm) is the one i'm having problems with. I started to press it in, and it just squashed and cut, so I shaved it down a little so that it wouldn't cut (bad move). I got it in, but the control arm slipped up on it.

I'm wondering if I wouldn't have been better off taking a utility knife (or something) and cutting it in half like the front horizontal bushings come so I could push in the rear one from either side instead of just forcing it through from one direction.

Re: RKsport Control Arms
Thursday, April 21, 2005 8:54 AM
Well..I heard back from RKsport, their control arms do NOT come with ball joints

I guess I'll just try the poly again. I'll figure something out I guess.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:09 AM
did u debur your a-arm?

Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:45 AM
Did you remove the metal ring on the inside of the big hole?

'99 Z24, Manual
Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:38 PM
No..I didn't remove any metal except for what was in the center of the rubber bushing.

I think I know how I can get them in now actually. Since I have a pair that are halfway screwed up, I can experiment. I'll try to beg/borrow/steal a digital cam and get some pics up how I end up doing it.

I ended up using a holesaw to remove most of the old rubber bushing, and then cleaned it the rest of the way up (down to bare metal) with a wire brush cup on the end of a pneumatic die grinder.

I also heard from another member who bought the RKsport arms, and they broke on him in less than a year. So I ordered a new set of poly.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:30 PM
Yeah i just installed a set of the RK Sport lower arms, and im hoping i dont have any problems with them, but only time will tell.

Did you happen to ask if RK Sport still had any of the arms still in stock? Or are they gone forever?

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????
Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:55 PM
going back about a year there was a thread about them cracking in half. not sure if they fixed that problem.

CAR GODS MADE THE 1.6 SOHC TO MAKE US 2.2 OHV GUYS FEEL BETTER.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search