Summer Project - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Summer Project
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 3:26 PM
I'm not sure if i'm in the right part of the forums ....

Is this a good list for my 2002 sunfire with a 2003 ecotec?

Eibach 1.7/2.3 Inch Sportline Kit $225.00
Eibach Front/Rear Sway Bar Kit $300.00
RKSport Tubular A-Arms $395.00
Car Customs Control Arm Bushings $35.00
Car Customs Front / Rear Transmission Mounts (5 Speed Manual) $50.00
Car Customs Lower Engine Mount $50.00
RKSport Crank Pulley $144.95
RKSport Upper Engine Mount $118.70
SPEC Billet Aluminum Flywheel $389.00
SPEC Stage III Clutch Kit $419.00
Street Roll Bar with Seat Back Brace $368.95
Strut Bars: Vibrant Strut Bars FRONT & REAR SET $99.99

Am I missing anything that I should add to the list?

Re: Summer Project
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 3:29 PM
Yep, you need some struts that can handle those sportlines. Koni Yellows or Reds if you can find them.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:04 PM
Ditch the control arm bushings if you get the A-arms. I beleive they come with poly bushings already. However, you don't really need the a-arms unless your plan on making lots of horsepower (probably above 250).

Get some koni yellows for those eibachs.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:26 AM
I'm actually going to buy the stage 2 turbo kit but before I do that I wanna get the cheap stuff out of the way first then go for the big stuff like the turbo and so on.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:28 AM
Money isnt really an issue at the moment ... but I want to be organized and NOT buy the big stuff first because I tend to get off track with stuff like this.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:35 AM
Looks like a good start. But if money isn't a problem I would go with some rksport coilovers.

BTW were can I find that roll cage?

Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:40 AM
RKSport makes one, prices sounds about right for it too.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:51 PM
I wouldn't get the control arms, I asked about them a couple of days ago and got an email from another member with pics of what happened to his in about a year of street driving.

The passenger side broke in half.

RKsport isn't making them anymore either, so they might be hard to find. I'd just go with the poly. Not to mention that going that way will save you $350-ish to spend on other stuff I should have pics up soon as to how I finally get mine in right, as soon as they come in and I borrow a digital camera that is....

Otherwise it looks like an impressive set of stuff.

I opted for the Koni Yellow sport kit (struts and springs -- 1.5"ish-2" drop and awesome control) and the Addco 1" f/r swaybars. Check my registry for the rest.

The front (Swaybar, bushings, springs and struts) took me about 14 hours all by my lonesome. I probably could have gone faster, but I was taking my time, seeing as how it was my very first attempt at a suspension.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:50 PM
If not the Pro Street, go with Gravana's set. Suppose to be even better, or Tein.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search