Air ride Question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Air ride Question
Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:38 AM
ok i installed my new easystreet and everything works fine except i was told it would ride smooth...my car rides like crap..i can feel every single crack in the road and when i decrease pressure it helps a lil bit but stilla rough ride..does anyone know what i can do to fix this..thanks

Re: Air ride Question
Saturday, April 23, 2005 10:38 AM
Its never gonna ride like stock but adjusting the dampening will help. depending on where you ride will determine how much you need to adjust it. the less pressure you run the higher dampening youll need to be smoother at ride height.
Saturday, April 23, 2005 10:45 AM
what psi do you have the fronts and rears at? also the damping on the struts really help. my car rides perfect and i cant feel anything. everyones setup is different. you just have to find yours. just keep adjusting the knobs til you get it to where you like

Saturday, April 23, 2005 11:33 AM
well it rides hard anywhere above 60psi so i drive around 50 psi but still a rough ride

Saturday, April 23, 2005 3:07 PM
thats alot. common psi is 40-45 in the fronts and about 55-60 in the rear. thats probably why yours is so rough. once you get to like 70-80 on the easystreet, the bags dont fill anymore, it will just get stiffer and stiffer. try riding at 45 and 60. i have mine set up to 45 in the front and about 53 in the rear

Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:30 PM
well i got a drift kit and when its even at 50 its like touching the ground basically

Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:33 PM
well ijust noticed that u had the drift kit too..when i slam it to 0psi my kit is like pressed on the ground..i have molded urethane sides and it cracked one side adn both sides bow out and the rear sides does that too,,any way to adjust that or no..sorry soo many ?'s im new to air ride

Saturday, April 23, 2005 4:50 PM
well w/ my drift front, im fine. im running 225/40/18 tires and at 40-45 psi up front my kit doesnt touch the ground. its about 3 inches from the ground but it never scrapes. my rear i can slam all the way down to like 10 psi the front i only do to like 20. its impossible to get it to zero psi w/ the drift kit, without crushing your kit.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 5:04 PM
ya see i crushed the @!#$ out of my kit not knowing what i was doing

Saturday, April 23, 2005 5:28 PM
in order to make it so your kit does not have so much pressure but still sits on the ground, you can make some brackets for front and back and attach them to the frame somewhere, make sure they are strong enough and make them to the height you want, later

pic coming soon

"Live Life To The Fullest" "Customize Everything"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search