My camber plate install with pics - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My camber plate install with pics
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:37 AM
White Boy wrote:what do these do?

look at the pictures, then check the title of the post....

they allow you to adjust camber while on the car hence the name camber plates

MCMONEY, whats about the avg turn around time for these to be ready to ship? basically how long will it take you to make them?

Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:29 AM
I'm interested, but timing is everything as far as financial availability. I'd need a month atleast to gather funds.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:41 AM
People interested in some ASAP:

1. Zach
2. Event

Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:01 AM
Dam-it Muffins (Event)

2 weeks or less after i receive the payment

Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:37 AM
cool deal, so are you ready or able to start now, or whats up,brah?

i;ve sent you an email so this post doesnt get locked.

Thursday, May 26, 2005 6:25 PM
Yeah im interested as well, would be nice to get alittle more negative camber than the stock settings allow, make it handle way better at speed on the road course.

People interested

1. Zach
2. Dam it Miffins (Event)
3. HotRodV6

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Sombody Needs to Make me a cool Sig, Because im Sig Challenged!

Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Im premium since January, but why doesnt it say that?????
Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:15 PM

1. Zach
3. HotRodV6
4. Justin, BUT only if they can be made for a 1st/2ndgen suspension, or a list of parts for me would be nice, also are these not smaller than the stock mounts, causing the car to go lower???

1st 1st gen on air.....
Friday, May 27, 2005 7:47 AM
1. Zach
3. HotRodV6
4. Justin
5. Cherub (I'm sure I could scrape together the money)

Sunday, May 29, 2005 9:50 AM
well granted its a holiday weekend, anyone heard anything more yet?

Monday, May 30, 2005 2:00 PM
2 emails sent, I haven't heard back yet. He's probably been busy.

Monday, May 30, 2005 8:32 PM
if this is going to help my camber problem that i currently have... i believe it have to much negative camber.. im off enough that my tires are wearing a little wierd. but this allows you to add negative camber as well as positive camber?

if both to positve and negative camber..
1. Zach
3. HotRodV6
4. Justin
6. Dave (2 uniq) - only if the go both (+) and (-)

(write what ever comment you want here)

Monday, May 30, 2005 8:44 PM
1. Zach
3. HotRodV6
4. Justin
6. Dave (2 uniq) - only if the go both (+) and (-)
7. LowFire - ALL OVER THIS

Monday, May 30, 2005 8:46 PM
Dave, I'm fairly sure it will go both ways from the looks of it in the picture (just not as much as the negative). How much + camber do you need to add?

Monday, May 30, 2005 9:01 PM
haha........... prolly the biggest waste of $200 ever since all you do is grind out the lower strut bolt hole to adjust the camber and on the aftermarket struts the holes usually bigger anyways. but if thats what you fellas wanna spend your money on so be it.

nothing
Monday, May 30, 2005 9:05 PM
Um, maybe you don't understand. With camber plates you can go to the track and dial in more negative camber. When your finished for the day you can put your camber back to more of a street setting.

Also, you would have to slot out a lot of material to get 3 deg of negative camber.

Monday, May 30, 2005 9:37 PM
rouge wrote:haha........... prolly the biggest waste of $200 ever since all you do is grind out the lower strut bolt hole to adjust the camber and on the aftermarket struts the holes usually bigger anyways. but if thats what you fellas wanna spend your money on so be it.

so how are you gonna change camber at the track? and then get another alignment? 50$ spent.

then after you are done racing... change camber...then get another alignment....50$ more.

camber plates allow you to jack the car up, change alignement, then change it back or keep adjusting within minutes and once you get the initial alignment you can change it to whatever and whenever you want precisely.

considering strut mounts are 50$ a piece for my year, and these are around 200$ i;m paying twice the price for being able to adjust it.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:53 PM
Well, any more word on these???

Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:35 AM
he has the materials, started on the progress. saw a pic recently. so far so good. not done yet, but look top notch

Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:14 PM
so he IS producing them? Wonderful!

Friday, June 17, 2005 3:18 PM
Outstanding!!!

Saturday, June 18, 2005 3:20 PM
so is this price for both or each..if its for both i'm in... I'm in need of top plates and there like $70-100cnd here each ..so 200usd for a better product ain't bad if for both

Monday, June 20, 2005 12:29 PM
So i've got an interesting question. I've got the mantapart bilstein's, and they were a pain in the ass to get on the car, mainly because the stock strut mounts were too thick relative to the threaded length on the strut (likely mantaparts f***-up, but i'm not going to trash $1500 worth of struts 'cuz they f'd up). I'm wondering if these may be able to solve my problem? Possibly a custom set? I'd be willing to pay more too!

Here's a more detailed explanation if anyone cares, or so the feasability of a mount can be determined. The problem is that the rod (for lack of a better word) that goes in and out of the shock body is much thicker than stock, and that actually hits on a part iniside the stock strut mount before the threaded portion can get all the way through. I can get picks and dimensions if you think this is something you might be able to make. Post here and i'll e-mail you personally if it something you can do.
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 6:33 AM
prob would need pictures...

from what you just posted you are saying the strut shaft is thicker than stock. whats confusing is that once you attach a strut shaft to the mount it shouldnt hit anything reallly as its bolted to the mount and doesnt move.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 10:11 AM
This is what the strut looks like in the mount. I forgot actually that i have to use 92-94 mounts because otherwise the top of the spring doesn't hit the bearing at all. It actually gets thinner (than you can see in the picture) where it goes through the mount, but as you can see, that large part is hitting something inside the mount. I figured i could have that machined down, but i don't know how it could be done with the strut together.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:41 PM
whoa....

using 92-94 mounts on a 1999 car. havent seen it done till now.

95-99 mounts work with coilovers. as far as the threaded rod part. you can either cut some off, or use a washer up top. mantapart i thought addressed this. might be the 92-94 mounts cause i know i never had that much space on robs install.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search