dropzone coilovers $115 new? - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: dropzone coilovers $115 new?
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:45 AM
mine is better than stock

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:02 AM
jwagg wrote:haha, ya, im sure im not an expert, nothin to laugh about.............not everyone knows everything, but in general, that is correct...........the sorter the spring, the more solid it is.......theres nothing wrong with that......... what is the best setup?? i dont really bounce around haha.....

i saw a kid saturday that installed eibach sportline kit (i hear their the best, or a better brand) and his ass was bouncing way more than me, but o well, i mean, ya, maybe i dont know it, so educate me, thats wat im here for

reason why people bounce around is because they dont buy the right struts to control the spring.

the spring keeps you in contact with the ground kinda like your skeleton.... the struts are like your muscles, ligaments, and cartilage...the control the movement of your skeleton.

usually the shorter the spring, the stiffer...yes... however just because you get a stiffer spring doesnt mean its gonna bounce...

it will for those who are clueless, and buy crappy stuff....

also there isnt a BEST... get that word out your vocab. READ the FAQ at the top of the forum.... most people skim through it and always skip over info thats relevant to what they ask about, then say its not in there....

and the kid you saw more than likely was on stock struts, as most dumb ones do...cause if something goes wrong, they;ll be the first to blame the spring or coilover company for their accidents or bad ride quality.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 12:15 PM
What if you get thedropzone coilovers with the upgraded strutsand shocks. Are the still considered s!@#.
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 12:43 PM
The dropzone stuff is crap because it's not actually engineered for our cars.

I believe that if you put them on some Koni Yellows and crank up the damping, you'll be able to keep the springs under control and keep the car from bouncing.

The ride will be far harsher than it needs to be and too much force will be transferred to the body of the car rather than absorbed by the spring when you hit bumps, but that in itself shouldn't be dangerous. If I was building my suspension for the track, I'd be upping my spring rates and going for exactly that effect. Of course, my car isn't set up for the track. It's set up for the streets, which have far more imperfections for which I need lower rate springs to allow some compression.

The big problem is that they simply aren't engineered to actually install properly. This means that you can't be sure that the sleeves/perches are actually going to hold up over time and I believe they'll be grinding against your front strut mounts every time you turn the wheel. Not only will this make embarrassing noises, but will cause damage over time as extra strain is put on all the other turning components in the front.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 2:03 PM
yup....

simply get something made for your car instead of trying to be cheap and cut corners.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 9:50 AM
Hrothgar wrote:Okay i read the faq's about the coilovers and stuff, but i was cruising through ebay anyways and came across these New authentic Dropzone coilovers, for $115?? they also come with a lifetime warrenty and stuff.

It looks like its a good deal, but i read the faq's and they say stay away from ebay.

here is the auction link if you would check it out and state your opinion.

lol.. you can't go cheap on your suspension... its what holds the car up... save up and get something good.. and the warrenty? the people probably don't speak english and the warrenty probably blows... get te tein setup if you want coilovers unless you wanna spend 1500 for the gravana
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 5:08 PM
Me and my older have Cavys.. he has KYB+Ground control coils.. I have Dropzone Struts with Coilovers from their Company ? i thought Dropzone didnt make stuff for our cars ?? hurmmmmmmm ..... theres is a little incy bitcy difference and thats that my dropzone setup bounces a lilttle itty bitty more. well he spend like what 700 bucks and i spend 325 .... man,, i been asking what people thought of them and everyone critizice them .. i guess they should cost more to be good ? /? ?? ? maybe they get a decent rating..... but anyways.. i like them . and i saved alot of money ......... ... ok here comes the insuls ... whatcha got ?

both cars 2.4l 97.. one black and the other Red
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:07 PM
Juan Morales wrote:Me and my older have Cavys.. he has KYB+Ground control coils.. I have Dropzone Struts with Coilovers from their Company ? i thought Dropzone didnt make stuff for our cars ?? hurmmmmmmm ..... theres is a little incy bitcy difference and thats that my dropzone setup bounces a lilttle itty bitty more. well he spend like what 700 bucks and i spend 325 .... man,, i been asking what people thought of them and everyone critizice them .. i guess they should cost more to be good ? /? ?? ? maybe they get a decent rating..... but anyways.. i like them . and i saved alot of money ......... ... ok here comes the insuls ... whatcha got ?

both cars 2.4l 97.. one black and the other Red

the point of upgrading the suspension isnt to bounce PERIOD.

anyone with any common sense should realize when you upgrade your suspension you want it to stick... not bounce...

kyb;s arent meant for coilovers... it states that clearly in their warranty....

you spent 325, to bounce more than you did stock... so you paid 325 to be a cheap arse, and you basically took a step backwards by making your suspension WORSE than it was to start with.

not really an insult, but it shows that both people didnt know what they were doing....

and i can crap in a box and put a cavalier label on it, however common sense should tell you, that just because someone puts a sticker on something that says its for your car, doesnt mean it really is.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:08 PM
so basically both of you bounce around and both wasted money....

and then you come to brag about it...

maybe if it was offroad racing, that would make sense, but even their suspension is designed to soak and absorb the bumps as opposed to bouncing.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:02 PM
na na You MIss read U Great Suspension Guru..... I said mine bounces a littly ittty bit more than his.. i didnt say they were bouncy i said a little more than his.. hurmmm he said that they have warrantee to an extent of how low you go. and you should see the roads over here in Texas.... Freeways ITs Awsome... COrners... Man... They are Great... ohhh man you must drive a solid car huh u could leave a glass of water on the dash and haulass with out it spillin ehh.... Congrats.....
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:25 PM
Juan Morales wrote:na na You MIss read U Great Suspension Guru..... I said mine bounces a littly ittty bit more than his.. i didnt say they were bouncy i said a little more than his.. hurmmm he said that they have warrantee to an extent of how low you go. and you should see the roads over here in Texas.... Freeways ITs Awsome... COrners... Man... They are Great... ohhh man you must drive a solid car huh u could leave a glass of water on the dash and haulass with out it spillin ehh.... Congrats.....

i didnt misread anything...

you said the bounce is a little more than his...

which means his bounces....and also yours bounces more....

so basically BOTH of you bounce....and bouncing is not a good handling suspension.

and he is partly wrong on the warranty

Quote:

UPADATE ON KYB AGX

Here is a copy fo the Email I got from KYB when I inquired about there new AGX struts and when they were coming out in Canada.

The AGX line will be available in late Feb.
They are stock size struts not a cartridge.
They can handle a mild drop, Eibach Pro-Kit springs work well with our shocks/struts, we do not recommend the Sportlines.

Link: http://www.kyb.com/buy/index.html

KYB products have a Limited Lifetime Warranty. This warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product with a dated proof of purchase. The warranty does not apply to product that is misapplied, abused, or used in racing or commercial applications. The warranty is void if the product is used on excessively lowered (over 1.5")(Sport drops) vehicles or if an Aftermarket coilover shock system is used. Please contact your place of purchase, or a local KYB retailer, for warranty qualification and/or exchange.

Regards,

read that part where warranty is void on aftermarket coilovers, and anything over 1.5 inches?

and actually i drive in baltimore and DC and pa... its a mix of alot of roads, hills, chicanes, cutbacks, etc.....however my car doesnt bounce....period. when it did, i knew something was wrong and i actually bought something of quality. i;m in it to improve my car, and bouncing isnt improvement.

well atleast unless you go to a hydraulic hop event....

also kyb gr2;s and ground controls should be no where near 700$... if you shop around... and i;m talkin brand new.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:27 AM
I guess man... Alll im Saying is that Why the hell are yall talking down on something ya dont have ? or have you had them ? But hey If i was loaded i probaly would get Something better but im not .just a guy fighting his way through college... and Them Dropzone Struts were my kind of deal... and i like them.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:47 AM
Juan Morales wrote:I guess man... Alll im Saying is that Why the hell are yall talking down on something ya dont have ? or have you had them ? But hey If i was loaded i probaly would get Something better but im not .just a guy fighting his way through college... and Them Dropzone Struts were my kind of deal... and i like them.

he knows what he is talking about. your just @!#$ closed minded and think that just because you saved a few hundred bucks that the suspension is good. you dont have to own something to know that it sucks. event has done alot of research on alot of the suspension products out for our cars. i'll take his word over yours any day. maybe you'll find out one day when your both bouncing around in your @!#$ty suspension and lose control.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:31 AM
Juan Morales wrote:I guess man... Alll im Saying is that Why the hell are yall talking down on something ya dont have ? or have you had them ? But hey If i was loaded i probaly would get Something better but im not .just a guy fighting his way through college... and Them Dropzone Struts were my kind of deal... and i like them.

in the past 4 years, i've helped, or did the entire install for plenty of people, and put it this way, alot of people bought cheap like yourself and like i once did back in the day. my F-up was buying arospeed. there was a commercial everywhere you looked for those. plus soooo many people bought em. i learned fast.

so i have experience with em. you dont have to own something to have experience with it. all you have to do is look up their warranty, install em for someone, and notice you bought rebadged oem replacement struts, and crappy generic coilovers. i was the one who called em after an install and asked where their struts were from. i;ve done my research, have you done yours?

not to mention have you ever read their warranty?

Quote:

Lifetime warranty...

(Proof of purchase required). DROPZONE SUSPENSION does not warrant any product that has been altered or modified.

basically if you installed em correctly even, then you have to remove the spring perches... if you did that you voided the warranty. if you didnt, they definately arent installed right.

Quote:

RETURNS: All returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee. A DROPZONE SUSPENSION representative must be notified before any returns are accepted. All returns must have a return goods authorization number. All returns or exchanges from open accounts will only be accepted if the account is current. Exchanges will be accepted once during a calendar year. DROPZONE SUSPENSION will not be held responsible for incoming or outgoing freight on returns.

13100 SW 85 Ave Road, Miami, FL 33156

basically meaning you can only return one part per calendar year.... so if 2 struts blow this year, it will be 2006 before you can replace em both..... so if you blew all 4 struts this year, you;ll finally have em all replaced about 2-3 months before the election in 2008....

what quality company only lets you replace 1 thing per calendar year?

you dont have to be loaded to get something better. thats really a piss poor excuse this day and age. just being bluntly honest. theres something you can do thats called saving up money. you dont have to get top of the line stuff, like 1500$ coilovers.... you can find used ground controls for 200-250$ and koni reds for around the same.

even buying used quality parts is a crapload better than buying crappy new parts anyday of the week.

and yea, most of us started when in highschool and in college. so thats not really an excuse either.

the funny part is when you do use cheap crappy parts, over time, other parts take the impact and in no time, you;ll be replacing parts such as strut mounts, bushings etc...

yes i have ALREADY been there.

so you can be cheap now, and pay more later, or do it once and do it right.

and with only one thing of experience, you might say you like em, but if you havent tried anything good, whats to compare it with?

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:38 AM
Hrothgar wrote:

It looks like its a good deal, but i read the faq's and they say stay away from ebay.

Apparently you thought they were on the bad list. Don't lie to us.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 2:59 PM
You cheap out and you pay the price....I have sportlines on stock struts/shocks.. I have lasted a month and they show no signs of near death yet but then again I drive on very tame roads and i drive like my grandmother. KONI's soon but until then I am stuck. Ya the ride is bumpy, but not "that" bumpy.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:30 PM
Don't y'all just find it frustrating as hell when people who clearly don't know what they're talking about try to argue in favour of the crap they've put on their cars??

Juan, you've gotta go out and do some research to learn exactly what each component of your suspension is supposed to be doing for you. If you do that, you'll see clearly why the stuff you have is no good. Until then, just because you don't know any better doesn't mean your stuff is fine.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:21 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Don't y'all just find it frustrating as hell when people who clearly don't know what they're talking about try to argue in favour of the crap they've put on their cars??

Yeah, it is frustrating...especially when you've actually done the same thing to your vehicle or previous vehicle and YOU have learned your lesson and you're trying to tell people not to do the same thing you once did. Event has personally gone through alot of suspension setups, done alot of research and has like he's stated, helped lots of people throughout 4 years....yet still we have someone trying to somewhat dis-credit what he knows because he doesn't physically own it.

People like you (wild weasel), me & Event are here to help and offer advice. If people come on here for advice and don't want to listen, that's their prerogative...but if they want to come on here and credit themselves for doing something and have no idea what they are talking about...that's disturbing. That's like me going to a butcher shop and telling a butcher how to chop meat and saying "I've chopped meat once so I know what I'm doing".

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search