third gen disc brake converson - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: third gen disc brake converson
Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:01 PM
thry this one too

---->> click me <<----

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav

Friday, October 07, 2005 2:05 PM
bagged91 wrote:i've read the how to many times but i just want to know, haven't heard or heard of anybody mention this but is the dust shield required i think it looks better w/o it.

The dust shield doubles as the backing plate for the drum in disc e-brake system. You can cut it down like I did, or leave it intact, but it needs to be there for the e-brake to function.

Friday, October 07, 2005 2:15 PM
ok thats what i needed to know the rt side one looks like someone chewed on it and bent the hell out of it but i will try and straighten it out. also wheres the best place to get slotted rotors for the neon and 92+ cavie, i finally got all my brake parts just need rotors and stainless steal lines and thats it, i would like them to match. sorry for post jacking, all help would be appreciated. thanx
Friday, October 07, 2005 3:26 PM
Just to recap, Stainless Steel Brake lines made for the neon will NOT FIT. You need to use the NEON banjo fitting with the CAVALIER/SUNFIRE metric end. Just use the stock NEON rubber lines and pay 7 bucks to get the cav/fire end put on it.

Friday, October 07, 2005 3:51 PM
i know that the cav lines wont fit i wanted to find neon ss lines, but the only thing that i can find is the front and rear lines not just front or rear.
Saturday, October 08, 2005 1:38 AM
bagged91 wrote:i know that the cav lines wont fit i wanted to find neon ss lines, but the only thing that i can find is the front and rear lines not just front or rear.

I understand, but you cant just chop the end off of the SS lines. Once the stock rubber line is all said and done and ready to use, its short enough to where i doubt SS lines will make THAT big of a difference.

Saturday, October 08, 2005 1:58 AM
looks really good man. i wish i knew anything about brakes because i would do it. looks like im gonna have to find somebody to help me.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 4:50 PM
I have a question about the neon brake flex lines. What I'm understanding is that you cut off the fitting(other end from calipher) and had a j-body compatible fiting fixed on. If I'm on the right track, what kind of place fixed the fitings on..machine shop, some kinda hydraulic shop..etc. I'm asking because I've never heard of it being done.
thanx,
chris
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:10 PM
yes that is right i got this done at American hose and fitting inc. there number is 253 872 8080 oh and its located in kent . i think u can mail in the lines if you live far away . the part number is HFO8 and it was around five bucks a piece before tax . so give them a call...
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:16 PM
Allen Pierce wrote:yes that is right i got this done at American hose and fitting inc. there number is 253 872 8080 oh and its located in kent . i think u can mail in the lines if you live far away . the part number is HFO8 and it was around five bucks a piece before tax . so give them a call...

thanx
Thursday, October 13, 2005 12:11 PM
When I completed the first 3rd gen swap, I just used the stock brake lines with a threading adapter for the caliper, I had to bend the line around the back side of the suspension but as long as your careful not to kink it or anything thats not a hard task at all. Theres a picture in my registry of them on.

for $69 dollars total investment and 3000 miles later problem free Im VERY happy with them.

Napa sells rotors for fairly cheap at around $18ish each and pads for around $20

I did all the "machine" work myself with the measure 6-7 times then drillpress method and a dremel for the middle section was all very easy but very time consuming. Its very important to get the measurements correct. if anyone has any questions feel free to AIM me at Mike2039 Ill answer as best I can

208whp 239wtq
13.7 @ 102mph 2.19 60'

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search