Braking problem - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Braking problem
Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:09 PM
I got a 97 Cavy 2.2 L with stock suspension and brakes. I've been having problems in snow and in water when I brake, I live in Milwaukee, WI and its cold than a b up here, so there is lots of snow and rain always. During regular days my car brakes fine and everything, but lately when there is snow and water, when I hit the brakes, the brakes seen to catch and let go, so the car comes to a rolling stop
It feels like the car drums to a stop

Anyone else have this problem ???

Oh and by the way, pads were checked and they fine

Thanx a bunch guys

Re: Braking problem
Thursday, December 29, 2005 12:22 PM
Yup. I noticed it the first time I drove my 04 in the rain. OUR BRAKES BLOW !!!

Best sollution I found that won't drain your pockets completely is to switch to EBC pads and rotors. You can pick them up at Pep Boys and its a night and day difference !
Yes all stock size stuff so you don't need to mod the hell out of the car, your ABS will work fine too. Pads and rotors should run you around $200.00 but its SOOOooo worth it.

There are other companies out there that offer the same type thing but I know about the EBC's from first hand experence as its what I'm running.

Good Luck hope this helps you.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:22 PM
sounds more like your encountering the fuction of ABS brakes

Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:42 PM
Sounds like one of your ABS sensors is going bad.
I had the same thing on my GAM (same suspension as the Js, basically).

Thursday, December 29, 2005 2:05 PM
Sorry I didn't get what you ment by "drums to a stop" till these guys mentioned your ABS.
But thats all it is its just the ABS dong its job.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:42 PM
So.... then my brakes are good then rite???
Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:50 PM
if your abs light is off and the car stops , and brakes normal when dry

then id say yes

you might want to find a dry road , and hit the brakes hard and see how it feels when it stop , then some place thats wet or a loose dirt or gravel road

so you can get a feel of how the abs acts , what it does is cycle the pressure at each wheel that is trying to lock up , and youll kinda feel it in the pedal as a buzz , and hear it (if its quiet)

its similar to someone pumping the brakes

Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:39 PM
Get Brembo!

New Picture comming this summer.
Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:58 PM
Get brembo and a nice upgraded pad. Trust me, it is worth the money. If you want even more performance, buy the SS lines too!!

I'll have a sig someday....................
Nissan for sale drop me a line!
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:12 PM
I have a simaler problem but with my brakes when it's wet out the rear brakes lock up and I drag them. Usually after hitting the brakes hard a couple of times this goes away. When I park the car I leave it in gear but pulling the e brake doesnt matter they'll still stick. The front brakes perform like they are supposed too. Any ideas.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:40 PM
Jrod: Take the drums off. Get a can of brake cleaner, use it. Hose down the pads and drums. Will probably fix the problem.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search