So Many Brakes and Rotors! What to choose though? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So Many Brakes and Rotors! What to choose though?
Sunday, February 25, 2007 9:16 PM
I have looked around in many website of j-bodies (gravana,rksport) and have found many different name brands of Rotors. Does anyone have any suggestion to a great pair of Rotors? Same goes for brake pads. Thanks guys

Re: So Many Brakes and Rotors! What to choose though?
Monday, February 26, 2007 11:25 AM
I have the Brembo slotted rotors with Duralast pads. The rotors are great and the car stops much better but I think I should have spent the money on better pads.
Monday, February 26, 2007 12:31 PM
depends on what you want them for... just to look nice, or ar you actually out beating on your brakes and racing the car?

Monday, February 26, 2007 12:35 PM
Actually the looking nice part is an "EXTRA" lets say. I want slotted rotors and was thinking of either going for the Brembo like JPO up there brought up or the Prostop slotted

Monday, February 26, 2007 2:34 PM
I want them to work great. As for the look aspect of it. I hope that they dont turn this yellow corrosion color. Or are these Brembo and ProStop good about plating and looking clean?

Monday, February 26, 2007 6:18 PM
the plating keeps them from coroting untill you use them, then it wears right through the coating. If your racing the car and beating on the brakes bad get some cryo treated power slots, if you just want somethign that looks noce get some drilled and sloted Decela rotors from Bear, If you just want some more grab while cruisin get some good pads and leave the rotors alone (somethign liek the Hawk HPS is my personal choice)

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 1:33 AM
if you are racing the car, you can try EBC redstuff, it is recommended for better stopping. But it is quite aggressive to the rotors. There are different pads you can choose from depending on your car activity. I'm having my brake upgrade next week. I'm looking forward for a better brake performance.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:56 PM
I had some brake problems a few weeks ago. There are quite a lot of brake sites that offer different brakes for every make imaginable. A friend of mine recommended this website and I got my brakes from them.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:15 AM
I see Glady mentions that the EBC redstuff brake pads are good for better stopping. But does anyone know about their rotors. I came across their rotors in the site that Steven ^^^^ linked in his post.

Here's want i came across from that site

http://www.activebrakesdirect.com/brakes/buy.php?makeid=22&year=2000&modelid=310&partid=78&brandid=3199

Let me know what you guys think, especially if you're using them now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search