4door on bags need some help - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4door on bags need some help
Saturday, March 03, 2007 10:58 AM
So I just picked up a 4door bagged cavi and blew a pass side axle before I even made it home.

Is this a common problem that I am going to run into over and over again? Is there a known fix, or was this a fluke thing considering they were both replaced a month ago.

Thanks for the help.

Re: 4door on bags need some help
Saturday, March 03, 2007 11:30 AM
hmm it makes me think its starting to be a common thing with bags. dont know if you know anyone on here but eric altman on here had the same problem twice. i havent heard of anyone else though. what is the car bagged on easystreet?

Saturday, March 03, 2007 4:43 PM
yes it is.
Saturday, March 03, 2007 7:53 PM
Eh, been riding too low?

those plastic boots is @!#$ty. Try to find some rubber boots from Autmotive stores locally, you can replace them yourself.

Saturday, March 03, 2007 8:52 PM
Are there any axle upgrades?
Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:24 PM
i think there is but it wouldnt be worth it. the axle upgrades are more for drag racin so you dont make you axle look like a twizler

Saturday, March 03, 2007 9:45 PM
yellow22 wrote:i think there is but it wouldnt be worth it. the axle upgrades are more for drag racin so you dont make you axle look like a twizler

i could go for some twizlers right about now.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:13 AM
me 2 lol i love them

Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:22 AM
i was blowing them but if you use a smaller clip for to the tranny it stops blowing them but it slips a little if you take coners hard other than that no probs using it
Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:53 PM
hmm thanks for the future info just incae it ever happens to me

Monday, March 05, 2007 4:08 AM
yea like phewes said, it happens from riding too low. being that low puts alot of stress on the cv joints

Monday, March 05, 2007 2:04 PM
No need to drive with the wheels tucked anyway, driving about 1 inch fender gap is a good ride height.

Monday, March 05, 2007 10:13 PM
thats why i ride cali style haha high as hell in the front lol

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:03 AM
thats how alot of mini truckers ride too so they can still turn

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:31 PM
and it looks cool draggin ass. lol.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 2:35 PM
back in the day when I had my other sunfire bagged, I twisted a tranny mount and didnt know it. Went through 5 driveshafts in a month and a half.

Friday, March 09, 2007 5:24 AM
ya...i always ride with my rear slammed around 20-25 psi and the fronts up a bit higher around 40-45 psi i think it is. been 6 months since ive been able to drive her

Friday, March 09, 2007 2:38 PM
I ride on 0psi up front on smooth roads. I ride Like a GANGSTA the rest of the time draggin the tail pipe.

Friday, March 09, 2007 3:27 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:I ride on 0psi up front on smooth roads. I ride Like a GANGSTA the rest of the time draggin the tail pipe.

thats what im talkin about lol

Friday, March 09, 2007 5:29 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:I ride on 0psi up front on smooth roads. I ride Like a GANGSTA the rest of the time draggin the tail pipe.

How do your tires not rub?
Friday, March 09, 2007 10:01 PM
I bought the correct ones I guess.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 12:20 PM
mine dont rub at zero either. my trans pan hits but no tire rub

Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:57 AM
lift the motor up slightly if you wanna roll @ 0 and are having axel blowing issues... that's a part of the reason i mounted the eco so high in mine..

watch for flying sparks!!!
Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:53 AM
how high were you able to lift your motor? and are you using a stock hood? im intrested in hear a lil on this one

Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:32 PM
I guess you just have to re work the mounts. Raise them with steel spacers for the passenger side mount, but tranny mount... IDK.

I had no problems getting my @!#$ to lay engine cradle with the ass end up, and front down. Can't do it now because of drag blocks, but oh well. I really want to start tubbing my fenders in the rear, but its gonna take so long to do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search