All Show Big Brake Kits? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
All Show Big Brake Kits?
Thursday, March 01, 2007 6:45 PM
I am looking for a nice Big Brake Kit for the Front and Rear. I am looking to make the car almost 100 percent show and want it just to look oh so pretty behind the 20s! Any Advice?

Re: All Show Big Brake Kits?
Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:49 PM
buy a big brake kit

Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:54 PM
Full Cav Effect (stenger) wrote:buy a big brake kit

Dumbest reply ever. He already said he wanted to do that.

Baer and SSBC both make BBKs. Search for those. Think they're around $1K each.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:20 PM
Cool deal Team. Thanks! Will be looking at them both real soon to see what will work best for me.
Friday, March 02, 2007 4:09 AM
get the wilwood front brakes. very sexy brakes. unless you want to have matching fronts and rears then in that case go w/ baer

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:05 AM
Baer, id recommend.. My 13" fronts are on the way, and they have the matchin rears for about 800 bucks..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, March 02, 2007 7:20 AM
why not do the NWF body big brake swap

before

after

I think the cost for the swap was about 500 dollars but thats cause I bought new front wheel bearings for the n-body knuckles otherwise it would of costed me about 400 dollars. Only down side is you need dual pattern wheels which you would need to get bigger wheels anyways when putting big brakes on. If you want to do rear brakes and a rear suspension upgrade along with matching rear bolt pattern you can do N body IRS setup in the rear.

Team GREEN

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
16.8.1 compression... 360hp.... 650tq.... stock

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:27 AM
BaDMaxLBZ wrote:why not do the NWF body big brake swap

before

after

I think the cost for the swap was about 500 dollars but thats cause I bought new front wheel bearings for the n-body knuckles otherwise it would of costed me about 400 dollars. Only down side is you need dual pattern wheels which you would need to get bigger wheels anyways when putting big brakes on. If you want to do rear brakes and a rear suspension upgrade along with matching rear bolt pattern you can do N body IRS setup in the rear.

No offense but that combo, NWF fronts with stock rears, looks horrid. I can't think of anything worse than giant fronts with @!#$ty, small rears. The fronts look good though.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, March 02, 2007 7:46 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:
Full Cav Effect (stenger) wrote:buy a big brake kit

Dumbest reply ever. He already said he wanted to do that.

Baer and SSBC both make BBKs. Search for those. Think they're around $1K each.

actually a very good reply, I mean lets face it the original poster didn't exactly ask a question, he just stated he wanted to buy the big brake, to make it look good for a show...so ultimately the thread is useless

Go Premium, it builds character!

Friday, March 02, 2007 9:49 AM
howe0822 wrote:the original poster didn't exactly ask a question, he just stated he wanted to buy the big brake, to make it look good for a show...so ultimately the thread is useless

The question was "Any Advice?", so if we manage to provide useful advise for him to achieve is goals, then utimately this thread remains useful.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Friday, March 02, 2007 1:10 PM
Well if you're looking to win some shows, it's going to cost you. Be sure to get the extra bling like 2-piece rotors and powdercoated calipers.

Friday, March 02, 2007 2:25 PM
The original first two lines were statements... Followed by the question, any advice. The statements were not properly set up to make it seem as if he wanted to know what company to go with. Thus for my reply of "buy a big brake kit "

Now, if he said, What big brake kit would you suggest, than I would of said nothing. Because I don't know anything about the big brake kits offered for the Jbodies. I've seen them listed on Gravana and A+ but never researched them.

So my first post, is NOT the worse reply ever. The worse reply ever would be me saying, IDK.

The second worse reply is currently, this one.

Friday, March 02, 2007 4:21 PM
Why the @!#$ would a person buy brakes to show them off, I buy brakes to be able to stop my car...

1983 Camaro Z28
Friday, March 02, 2007 6:19 PM
Check out the ssbc I have on my black car in my profile. They have show looks and great stopping power.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, March 02, 2007 7:22 PM
BaDMaxLBZ, although I think the NFW swap is cool, for what he's looking for (bling), and the fact that he's running 20's, I'd go with the Baer 13 front, 12 rear sets, and get them powdercoated in something flashy that works with the car paint/rim scheme.

Friday, March 02, 2007 10:08 PM
ling427ttvette wrote:Why the @!#$ would a person buy brakes to show them off, I buy brakes to be able to stop my car...

I am sure glad people like u post on here. You seem to have so many helpful thoughts for this thread. Thanks again for responding......
Friday, March 02, 2007 10:12 PM
Cool deal! Thanks for the advice Guys. I emailed both Baer and SSBC yesterday and got something back from Baer already. Friendly Company actually. Might get partial sponcership and all i did was send them info on the car and its planned future. That would be nice considering it is almost 2 grand for the full front and back together!
Saturday, March 03, 2007 5:30 AM
I don't know about Bear but I know SSBC can get you calipers in any color you want, something to consider for a show car.

-Chris

Saturday, March 03, 2007 5:41 AM
ling427ttvette wrote:Why the @!#$ would a person buy brakes to show them off, I buy brakes to be able to stop my car...

Well, its a good thing its for his car and not yours then.

Saturday, March 03, 2007 12:41 PM
Uncivilized R.T. wrote:

I am sure glad people like u post on here. You seem to have so many helpful thoughts for this thread. Thanks again for responding......

Well I mean seriously, why would someone buy brakes just to show them off? I can understand wanting bigger brakes to stop the car better for track use and stuff, but big brakes just to show them off is asinine to me.

Of course, I like to drive my car other places then on and off of a trailer.

I'm sorry for being dis-respectful like that, but I just don't like it when people buy stuff for shows only. Use it for its intended purpose man.

1983 Camaro Z28
Saturday, March 03, 2007 1:03 PM
I got my big brakes in today.. Ill post pics later to maybe sway your decision making hehe..

Btw, you can get the calipers for Baer powdercoated as well, 1 hundred and something each.. Not worth it lol.

306 TQ

Saturday, March 03, 2007 5:58 PM
I thought it was worth it.

Saturday, March 03, 2007 6:43 PM

306 TQ
Saturday, March 03, 2007 6:45 PM
Did you get the knuckles powdercoated, or do they not send them as an assembled unit anymore?

Saturday, March 03, 2007 6:56 PM
Nope, thats exactly how they sent them... And whats not assembled? Is there something else that goes on the knuckles thats not pictured?

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search