Koni yellows - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Koni yellows
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:28 PM
i have been doing alot of reading on what people think about koni yellows w/ eibach sportlines and majority seem to love that combo. i have however read posts saying that the ride is rough. for those of you who have these and believe that, how rough is rough. i bought a 2003 cavi ls that had been dropped but has stock shocks and struts, and dumb me bought it. now i am fixing it the right way and would like to know would the ride be a whole lot better or just a slight increase. thanks.

Under Construction

Re: Koni yellows
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:40 PM
koni yellows are adjustable. you can make them really stiff or really bouncy. i messed around with it when i first got them and found a nice middle ground. they arent as comfortable as stock but the handling is quite a bit different. and they are not as rough as many have made it seem to be after you get them all adjusted well. just dont go all the way firm or all the way soft.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:45 PM
and to adjust them, us having j-body's we dont have to take them out to adjust them right? they should have the knobs where i can adjust it after they are installed???

Under Construction
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:56 PM
the adjusters are at the top of the struts. to adjust the front you just open your hood, put in the knob and turn. on the back you have to open the trunk
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:06 PM
im asking because im pretty sure that i have stock shocks and struts but earlier today i looked at them and they are yellow, but i saw no marking of "koni" or anytihng like that, so i guess im going to take a wheel off tomorrow and inspect them. i didnt see anything on the front struts where i could put a knob in and adjust anything so im guessing i dont have yellows on the car.

Under Construction
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:30 PM
the front struts would have had to have been cut open and re-used for use with the yellows, you would not see any yellow on the strut (except for a tiny little section in the middle above where they cut the stock strut housing) unless somebody painted them yellow they would remain the stock black.

the stickers arent the best, im sure after a winter of slush and shiit on the road and rain etc they would come right off, so that could be why you didnt see the stickers on the rears. but im doubting you have koni's on the car if your hating the ride.

i have yellows/sportlines on my car, set to full soft, the ride is decent, worse then stock.. but nowhere near unbearable, for the large gain to get in handling it outweighs having to deal with a stiffer ride than stock. i actually like it a little bit stiff anyways, give the car a better feel.

the adjustment poles would be hard to recognise as anything different than stock, if you didnt know what you were looking at you wouldnt think these would be any different than stock. if they are yellows the poles will be sticking up in the center and will be pretty skinny, with a flat end right at the top. kind of like a small flat head screw driver. you stick the adjustment knob on this and its able to turn the adjustments.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:53 PM
i appreciate that z yaaaa. if you could post a pic of your strut mounts so i could see the adjustment points that would be AWESOME! i highly doubt that i have yellows because the ride is awefully bouncy. im leaning towards blown stocks??? pics would be greatly appreciated though.

Under Construction
Friday, June 22, 2007 9:30 PM
what is the cheapest every one has gotten them for? The lowest ive seen them for is $600 shipped and one get them lower then that?
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:02 PM
I got them from Gravana a year and a half ago for $600 with the lowering springs included

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search