Tein SS or B&G RS2 for daily driver? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein SS or B&G RS2 for daily driver?
Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:24 PM
Just wondering what folks recommend. I just picked up some Tein SS for the Sunfire, but looking at suspension for my Cav. Previous owner lowered it w/ Sportlines on stock struts, so needless to say, I could probably use new struts now.

Anyway, I'm looking for the height adjustment coils provide because of winter time, otherwise I'd get D-Specs.

Re: Tein SS or B&G RS2 for daily driver?
Friday, January 16, 2009 3:08 AM
you can use coils on dspecs.

Friday, January 16, 2009 6:11 PM
thanks for that well known tidbit of info, but it doesn't answer the product comparison question

Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:16 PM
no one? I'd like to put in the order on Friday, so an educated decision would be nice.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:25 PM
i love my gravana's (b&g)...theres my vote

Monday, January 19, 2009 7:08 AM
I use my B&G's and I autocross on the weekends. I have pretty much everything done to my suspension and have it set on 0 and it still handles fantastic.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, January 19, 2009 7:42 AM
tein ss for the ease of the edfc and pillow ball mounts

Monday, January 19, 2009 10:07 AM
i <3 my tein's!!!

Monday, January 19, 2009 6:23 PM
So aside from the EDFC (which isn't really necessary on a daily) and pillowball mounts, are there any other advantages Tein has over B&G?

Monday, January 19, 2009 6:26 PM
what advantages do b&g's have over teins? kinda sounds like you are already leaning one direction...

honestly, i don't think you'll be disappointed with either setup.

Monday, January 19, 2009 6:32 PM
You're right... I am leaning one direction, and its not towards Tein for this particular question

Monday, January 19, 2009 6:32 PM
AWD GS wrote:tein ss for the ease of the edfc and pillow ball mounts

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:50 AM
Kardain wrote:You're right... I am leaning one direction, and its not towards Tein for this particular question

then whats the point of asking the question?

seems like your just waiting for one person to say b&g then you'll go buy them.

if you want the b&g then go head but id rather have pillow ball mounts then those @!#$ty stock mounts. that in itself should be enough to sway you unless you like replacing mounts. also the edfc may not be needed for a daily driver but do you want to constantly get out of your car to adjust the struts to a damping that you like or do it while your driving?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:32 AM
Kardain wrote:You're right... I am leaning one direction, and its not towards Tein for this particular question

respect the tein ss. i'd rather you not have tein ss then.

Short Hand wrote:

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:56 PM
I was basing my statement on OEM's post, which up until yours, AWD, seemed to provide the most information towards a pro for B&G. All the "I <3 my Teins" really don't pose that much of a product comparison....

Now, going with what you mentioned, I was unaware that B&G recycled stock mounts... since I've had bad luck in the past with stock mounts, I won't be going B&G just for that reason.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:11 AM
well from my understanding (now correct me if im working since i never really dealt with b&g) b&g is pretty much the "gravana coilovers" correct? also i was only aware that the tein ss and kw suspensions come with their own mounts. all other coilovers need to use the stock mounts. for the price of the b&g and the tein ss, it seems like a no brainer to me to get pillow ball mounts and the adjustabitily of the camber right there without even having to remove a wheel. plus like i mentioned the edfc is nice even if its a d&d to adjust the damping on the fly.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:23 AM
There are other coilover setups that replace the mounts, but the B&G is not one of them. If you do go that route, I would get yourself some pillowball mounts made for them.

All in all. I think you will be happier with the tiens, or a similar product.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:32 AM
s1lver_N1p wrote:
Short Hand wrote:

Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:48 AM
it's hard for most to give a comparison... you're asking for an A vs. B comparison when most have had either A or B and have no experience with the product they don't have. I can tell you all day long that teins are better but then again I don't have experience with the other product.

personally, i went from konis and goldlines to the teins. my impressions... they are a bit softer than the previous setup I had but at the same time, when i've run autox, the car feels much more planted. (i'm guessing largely due to the shorter struts and the pillowball mounts) i bought my teins from gravana and actually one of the guys i talked to there HAD experience with both setups and told me that the b+g's are stiffer and he preferred them for track purposes. I went with the teins for the adjustability (front upper mounts are camber plates and i'm hoping to add an edfc sooner or later) and the pillow ball mounts.

ultimately, what are you doing with the car? if you want to slam the car, go b+g's they are double adjustable and should get the car lower than the teins will. from a handling stand point though, i'd be looking at the teins. that is unless you spring for OEM's upper mounts and ditch the stock pieces. the's it's a bit more of a toss up.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 10:40 AM
i beileve he already ordered the Tein SS

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:51 PM
Tein SS. On soft daily drive is nice, on hard the autocross is awesome.!

-Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search