Easystreet Front Upper Mount problems? Any Solution? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Easystreet Front Upper Mount problems? Any Solution?
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:30 PM
Hey guys, So I actually have an Air ride problem Im not sure how to fix. I brought my car to get an Alignment before installing my new rims today and ran into a problem.

I have the old style Easystreet bags in the front and the upper mounts are pretty Effed up. I heard them "knocking" over rough pavement but thought nothing of it. Turns out the Rubber "Bushing" that mounts to each side of the upper mounting plate failed on both sides. This allowed the Strut rod to lean over and rub against the mounting plate itself.

Is there a QUALITY replacement for this rubber bushing? The steel washer thats attached to the rubber bushing is also horribly warped and cone shaped. This whole deal has caused both of my front wheels to camber in.

I'm thinking maybe some type of Harder Uri thane Bushing of sorts or something?

Re: Easystreet Front Upper Mount problems? Any Solution?
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:41 PM
ya I have this same problem I will keep my eye on this

Monday, March 23, 2009 3:29 PM
i had the same problem with my car when i first put air ride in my car but i never notice this until my strut shaft snap off from rubbing against the metal plate. i dont know if there is a new bushing for that but i thought easy street had made a new mount design for the frt if not u can modife factory frt mounts with the bearing plate, u may rasie the front end a bit but i fixes the wrapped metal plate they use.

Monday, March 23, 2009 5:17 PM
I have the same problem too. I want to swap mine out for OEM's solid front mounts.

Monday, March 23, 2009 9:15 PM
Heres the problem:

If I can find round stock Teflon, We will machine new bushings. Anyone know a source.

Monday, March 23, 2009 9:36 PM
Thats not good.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:45 AM
does anyone know if the newer designed struts fix this seemingly common problem
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:26 AM
i had one of the original easystreet kits when it came out but i never had that problem. my mounts would knock and i got a set of new washers with a rubber coating on 1 side of them. not sure if i even installed them.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:43 AM
yes the new design struts have changed the mounts i'll look for my pics and post them.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:09 AM
Thats weird dude, mine havent ever done that.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:04 AM
I have a feeling the Strut Nuts may have not been tightened enough, allowing the rubber pieces to separate from the plate. I bought them from somone else and they were already assembled, I never thought to check them to make sure they were tight.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:14 AM
Thats what I was thinking, as weird as it sounds I usually check my heim joints, strut bolts, and upper mounts everytime I have my car in the air for an oil change...I guess I just want to prevent anything if possible ya know?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:06 AM
mine are just like that. nuts must be tighten enough, its way too much as we are seeing the rubber bushings are bent already.
im listening here.. my front tires will wear out every year. even alignment are done too.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:23 PM
I think we Make be making an Aluminum Bushing to Fit this with a Rubber Bushing. Someone was making a camber Plate with a Pillow ball mount similar to Teins. Who was that?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:00 PM
OEM

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:07 PM
if that, we would be higher on the front. i think what we have now is thinnest and lowest we can use. if thinnest camber plates there we can use will be nice...?

will those work??
http://www.jegs.com/p/Ford+Racing/762882/10002/-1

some other mounts..
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10002_11311_-1_10057?sendroicid=bbef8492-2d00-41d6-b158-38db0de2603c&sendroiad=3824029511&sendroikwd=Camber+Plates&gclid=CK CRzO3jvJkCFQENDQodlg4Jug

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:13 PM

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:26 PM
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:33 PM
that one is better for sure! but we do still want to use our bearings? how will that work with those OEM plates then? or does the OEM already have its own bearing??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:35 PM

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:41 PM
I just bumped that post asking about the I.D. of that bearings that he uses. I want to make sure our shaft will fit in the hole before i buy a set.

Its been a while since i installed my air, isnt there a nylon washer/spacer/bearing/thingy between the bag and mounting plate?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:53 PM
thanks man!

yep the white ones! this isnt mine though. just a pic I got.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:37 PM
Staying Tuned...

FOR SALE

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:45 PM
If we need an adapter of some sort to match the top of our bag perch to the pillow mounts I should be able to machine that very easy. (If overkill does not want to that is)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:55 PM
I'm up for whatever, Mine is not to the point of no return like your problem but I see it happening in the future.

FOR SALE
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:33 PM
BaggedOn20s wrote:I'm up for whatever, Mine is not to the point of no return like your problem but I see it happening in the future.

x2

Listening...

Member of JBO - 10 Years & Counting...
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:43 AM
Im still wondering why after 2 years of daily driving with my air ride I havent had this problem =/ and my roads around here SUCK

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search