20" equals bigger breaks. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
20" equals bigger breaks.
Monday, October 19, 2009 5:33 AM
If you have 20" rims on 03 sunfire....Do you request bigger brakes then oem and if so, then how do i go about getting them and what kind should i look at?

"No greater love than this that he lay down his life for his friend"....John 15:13

Re: 20
Monday, October 19, 2009 7:57 AM
Zach Reliford wrote:
SSBC front

SSBC rear

$2,000 in brakes, but it'd be worth it.

i'm sure he's not lookin to spend $2,000 on brakes. you can do it cheaper w/ the NWF swap, read the sticky above. how heavy are your rims?

fail quote thread. geez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 19, 2009 8:50 AM

my carDomain updated 8/10/09 Forged and Supercharged

Re: 20" equals bigger brakes.
Monday, October 19, 2009 8:32 AM
I may be selling my Baer brake kits. 13" front and 12" rear disks.

Monday, October 19, 2009 1:01 PM
^^i think you should be giving me the 13's for my 12's lol

Monday, October 19, 2009 1:24 PM
Nah I just don't have a need for them anymore. I'd rather spend money on my truck lol.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:13 AM
how much for your brakes shadowfire? and the rims are the 20" msr 085 chrome they are not 2k. By the way, that blue sunfire that you have gary, how is your wheels sitting out like that in the back, cause mines sit in?

"No greater love than this that he lay down his life for his friend"....John 15:13
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:26 AM
we'll the big brake kit pushes the wheel out 1/2" in the rear......and it all comes down to the offset of your rim.

as for your original question, you most defiantly do not NEED them in anyway....BUT the stock brakes look small behind the stock rims, so there going to look really stupid bedined a 20

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:32 AM
yea they do look stupid...so the best way to go is?????? how much did you pay for yours?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:09 AM
Tristan McCauley wrote:how much for your brakes shadowfire?

You should have a PM.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:33 PM
you sell those brakes micah?

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:36 PM
Gary Frank wrote: as for your original question, you most defiantly do not NEED them in anyway....

not necessarily 100% true. depending on how heavy the new wheels are over the stockers plus the fact that they will have a larger rotational mass (ie mass further from the center of the hub meaning more force required to start as well as stop), your braking distances WILL increase with the 20" wheels.

a brake upgrade of some sort SHOULD be in your plans (even if it just means better pads and possibly slotted rotors)

Sunday, November 01, 2009 8:25 AM
^^, well aware of that, but i stand by my statement, you don't "NEED" them

Although i fully agree with you, moving to a 20 will not make you NEED bigger brakes at all.

Sunday, November 01, 2009 9:03 PM
it depends on your definition of need. if you never have to emergency stop in a short distance, then you are correct, you don't need them. (or if you don't mind rear ending somebody or running over a kid that runs out in front of you after their ball)

would I at LEAST upgrade pads/rotors/lines? bet your ass i would.

Monday, November 02, 2009 8:54 AM
I did slotted rotors/hawk pads/new drums/SS brake lines and i've noticed my braking is a LOT better then the stock setup. Plus it wasn't that expensive to do either.

Plus it looks really funny having big wheels and tiny brakes.
Monday, November 02, 2009 7:45 PM
strat81 wrote:it depends on your definition of need. if you never have to emergency stop in a short distance, then you are correct, you don't need them. (or if you don't mind rear ending somebody or running over a kid that runs out in front of you after their ball)

would I at LEAST upgrade pads/rotors/lines? bet your ass i would.

lulz alrighty man, if you belive its going to be that big of difference you win...your pushing it a fair bit tho...

i still stand by my statement...... the op can belive who ever he wants tho...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, November 02, 2009 7:47 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search