KYB GR2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KYB GR2
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:13 PM
Are the KYB GR2's just replacement for stock struts ? or can you use them for lower springs/coilovers

thanks

Re: KYB GR2
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:50 PM
the GR2's are stock replacement, the AGX can be used for lowering.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 1:03 PM
thanks

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 4:11 PM
The performance level of the GR2's are better than the stock struts but for lowering they won't last.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:13 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:the GR2's are stock replacement, the AGX can be used for lowering.

X2...

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, November 26, 2009 8:40 PM
x3

however, AGX's are only able to handle a 1.5 inch drop...

Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:06 PM
AGX were designed for the Eibach Pro Kit or should I say they used the Pro Kit to design those struts for the Cavalier.

GR2 OEM replacement. To drive that point in a guy put Pro kits and GR2's on his car and they lasted 4 months.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:03 PM
Punkerest wrote:x3

however, AGX's are only able to handle a 1.5 inch drop...

if you want to get technical, so are Tokico D-Specs, Koni Reds and yellows, and most, if not ALL other struts out for the J's.

Friday, November 27, 2009 8:30 AM
I was gonna order AGX's for my goldlines. But thinking no now, what would be good for my goldlines ppl? Thanks.

Proud member since 99
Friday, November 27, 2009 8:40 AM
you CAN go with the AGX struts if you want, they can, have, and ARE currently running on even lower set-ups than what you are going without a problem. KYB will also warranty them too. This is directly from KYB that I am told of this. they have high confidence in their AGX strut.

Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:49 AM
brad, where did you get that info, i remember reading it sometime back but dont recall where, thx

Thursday, December 03, 2009 1:58 PM
well im looking for a 2inch drop what brands are good for 2inch+?

Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:16 PM
Quote:

^X2. Im gonna be doing a 3inch drop in a couple days.
Friday, December 04, 2009 11:55 PM
Ethan Duke wrote:
Quote:

on what springs?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:33 PM
Stock
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:08 PM
how?

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:09 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:how?

X2

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:40 PM
x3

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:50 PM
something tells me this is going to be one epic natural selection.

hopefully, it takes out someone else who does deserve it, and not someone else. . . .

Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:47 AM
Ethan Duke wrote:
Quote:

3 in drop with what sping? if your doing coilovers, i hope you getting some yellows.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:13 AM
he said stock spring

im looking at a koni set right now

Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:42 PM
i really hope hes not going to drop that car on stock springs by cuting or heating them, please dont you will regret it. i had gr2 struts with skunk 2 springs for a little while and it rode ok but didnt have them on long enough to blow so there still good, have them sitting in my livingroom but sold the springs. i have d specs paired with ksport springs now and love em.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 10:47 PM
NO. Im not cutting the springs, No Im not retard and no, I dont have alot of money so Im not getting yellows. Yes, Im lowering my car 3in on stock shocks until I get some money saved up for better. Sorry that I misread the question itd been a long day and for some reason when he said spring I thought strut. The springs Im using are coilover sleeves I bought off nopi.com from a company called Number One.
Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:19 PM
Ethan Duke wrote:NO. Im not cutting the springs, No Im not retard and no, I dont have alot of money so Im not getting yellows. Yes, Im lowering my car 3in on stock shocks until I get some money saved up for better. Sorry that I misread the question itd been a long day and for some reason when he said spring I thought strut. The springs Im using are coilover sleeves I bought off nopi.com from a company called Number One.

This is the absolute worst idea in the world. Your struts will blow in a matter of months, you'll bottom out everywhere, and that suspention setup just plain dangerous, your going to crash.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:27 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:
Ethan Duke wrote:NO. Im not cutting the springs, No Im not retard and no, I dont have alot of money so Im not getting yellows. Yes, Im lowering my car 3in on stock shocks until I get some money saved up for better. Sorry that I misread the question itd been a long day and for some reason when he said spring I thought strut. The springs Im using are coilover sleeves I bought off nopi.com from a company called Number One.

This is the absolute worst idea in the world. Your struts will blow in a matter of months, you'll bottom out everywhere, and that suspention setup just plain dangerous, your going to crash.

change months to weeks, and you'll get the idea. also, the NOPI coilovers are the same thing you get on ebay for $25. they're great springs, unless you want to use them for your suspension.

do it right, do it once.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:29 PM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search