Rear Axle Beam - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Axle Beam
Saturday, December 05, 2009 1:26 PM
Does anyone know where i can purchase a rear axle beam? I went for a wheel alignment and the guy aligning the car said the beam was bent so i need a new one asap!

when it comes to boobs i need a girl with bad grades cause im tired of all the ones walking around with straight a's

Re: Rear Axle Beam
Saturday, December 05, 2009 1:31 PM
Junk yard, do you have a pull a part nearby?
Saturday, December 05, 2009 7:27 PM
i priced a brand new one from GMPartsdirect.com a while back. they have different listings for different options. unfortunately GMPD doesn't work for me at the moment, so the only price i have is the one i saved for my car.
Rear Axle w/handling pkg w/o brakes PRICE: $356.71
what that is, is a price for a rear axle for a Z, or LSS with the extra round stock bar welded in across the axle. they also offer base model rear axles for i would think would be cheaper, and if you wanted they even have em with the entire rear brake setup, ready to bolt rite on, but those are much more expensive. like i said though gmpd wasnt working for me so i couldnt look up prices, but maybe you'll have better luck. just search through their catalog and you'll find it.

or go to car-part.com to find a used one locally.

GMPD just started working for me...

Axle, cavalier, sunfire, soft ride, w/o brakes
95-05 $734.77 $534.91

Axle, cavalier, sunfire, soft ride, w/brakes, cavalier
96-97 $1,756.88 $1,279.01

Axle, cavalier, sunfire, soft ride, w/brakes, sunfire
95-97 $1,756.88 $1,279.01

Axle, cavalier, sunfire, handling pkg., w/o brakes
96-05 $601.74 $356.71

Axle, cavalier, sunfire, handling pkg., w/brakes
96-00 $1,208.78 $880.00

hope that helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, December 05, 2009 7:34 PM

Saturday, December 05, 2009 7:55 PM
My guess is try to get the #'s from him and see if you can take it and have it bent back into spec.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Sunday, December 06, 2009 5:12 AM
whats bent on it? toe? camber? i know when we race we put spacers in to get eh camber we need in the rear. what you can do is get some machined washers... and then space the wheel bearing with them to get it straight

for example to get the RR camber we want we put 2 washers ont he bottom bolts of the bearing which yields us about 3/4 to 1 inch of camber
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search