cheapest brake pads and rotors - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cheapest brake pads and rotors
Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:52 PM
hey guys need to replace my pads and rotors, just wondering where you guys get yours or what are the cheapest but still good quality, thanks.

Re: cheapest brake pads and rotors
Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:49 PM
Federated has the cheapest rotors by far in my area. We use them in our shop all the time and have no problems with them. As for pads, don't get the cheapest ones. Get what they call service grade or mid-grade. Usually O'Reillys has a good price on them.
Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:38 AM
I have been running Baer Rotor(dilled and slotted) and hawk pads for 2 years without any problems. I believe the set-up cost me about $250. For 2 trouble free years that isnt a bad price.

219whp - I <3 whine

Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:38 PM
cheapest rotors are find, just dont let the guy talk you into the light weight rotor those are unsafe. you dont want the cheap pads though the wear out hella fast, suck for stopping power, and make a mess of your rims, mid grade is the way to go. oh and if you're in the north east try and find an AutoPart International, they do most of their business with garages but if some guy just walks in off the street they'll sell you the parts for cheaper than the parts store, just be sure to come in with the lowest price you can find because some times they might offer high and make you haggle a bit like they do with the shops.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search