dropzone good/bad/ugly - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dropzone good/bad/ugly
Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:42 PM
ok. let's get this straight right off the bat. i know most of you are going to tell me that their stuff is crap. i know this. what i wanna hear is actual accounts from people who have bought their products. so if you have dropzone stuff, post up what ya bought and whether or not it was garbage, or was it alright and worth the money.

the reason i'm making this thread is because a drop is next on the list, and i've heard nothing but mixed reviews about dropzone stuff. most say it's crap, but have never actually used them, some have used them and say it's alright. so like i said, if you're just going to tell me it's garbage when you have'nt even tried their product save your breath. i want actual accounts.

thanks in advance.

Re: dropzone good/bad/ugly
Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:47 PM
personally, when it comes to suspension, i'd stick to proven products.

a few bad accounts of their stuff being junk would be more than enough for me to not consider their products. spend the extra money and do it right.

p.s. i have no experience with their stuff. i will say that what some people consider OK is questionable at best. there are alot of people out there that will tell you something is perfectly fine when they have no experience with a vehicle with a proper suspension setup. think about how many people are running around on stock struts with lowering springs... just my .02

Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:29 AM
very true.

Monday, March 01, 2010 6:45 AM
He is right, I've ridden in people's car they say it's not bouncy or handles like its on rails and like ridding a pogo stick. The problem with listening to peoples opinions is there's a good chance they will promote total garbage because they have either always bought crap and don't know what a proper quality setup feels like, or their pride don't want to admit they pissed away there money and they shouldn't have went the route they did, they promote what they have as a way to justify what they have.

Monday, March 01, 2010 8:22 AM
I have them and love them!
I have rode them for 3+ years with nothing but comments from friends who ride Teins, Tociko, Skunk, and other product.
It handles great, but that could be due to everything else I have done to the suspension!
Monday, March 01, 2010 3:15 PM
Phil- thanks man, i kinda figured you'd chime in, but like you said i'm hoping to hear from people who have'nt changed every piece of their suspension for a review lol.

Ryan- thanks for your opinion man, and i agree pretty much all of it. i'm just curious to see if there are some more people out there (other than just phil) who have tried this product with success, and some who have'nt had success cuz i know they're out there.

i mean, i just got an intake from cosmoracing and install was a breeze, and the product looks great and it was about a 1/3 of the price of alot of the other intakes out there. i know that quality is quality and i'm not afraid to save if i have to. but if there is a "decent" product out there for cheaper y not? i'm not looking to make the car handle and feel like a benz, just a drop, if it rides anywhere around what the stock suspension is i'll be happy, and my stock struts are long overdue for changing and i still don't mind the ride quality so. just trying to see some opinions.

Monday, March 01, 2010 3:34 PM
strat81 wrote:personally, when it comes to suspension, i'd stick to proven products.

I got my Goldline/Koni Red setup used for a lot less than Dropzone brand new. Hell for a little bit more, you can get a quality used setup right now...

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/suspension/55786/

It's not a bad deal and shipping shouldn't be too bad. I said it in another thread but I'll say it again: a buddy of mine has Dropzone springs/struts on his '00 Z and the ride is horrible compared to my setup which has about 20k more miles on it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search