brakes work driving just not under 5mph - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
brakes work driving just not under 5mph
Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:45 PM
soo i pulled into a parking lot today and heard a clucnk..i dont know if that has anything to do with it..but i noticed that right after that...no brakes....but thats only when im driving slow like through a parking lot or at a stop light...other wise..on the highway they are fine...any thoughts??

Re: brakes work driving just not under 5mph
Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:48 PM
also my abs light came on
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:48 PM
I would check your brake system. Start from the reservoir under the hood and work your way back. Sometimes clunk is not a bad thing, but in your case I think it just might be!
Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:26 PM
yea im not sure if the clunk even has anything to do with the brakes..could just be a coincidence..i just did a motor swap so maybe something loosend up a little..but the brakes worked fine for about a week
Friday, March 12, 2010 3:09 PM
alright well i seem to hve figured it out...i took the wheel off..come to find out..the hub nut loosend up and the axle and rotor and everything were just flopping around..makes sense because i heard a clunk and then no brakes..i tightend it as tight as a could..and took it for a spin about a mile seems to be better..but i got to get to the store to get the right socket to fit the hub... but it all works out...if it didnt happen i never would have gotten under the car to see that the seal we put in where the axle meets the tranny has fallen out also..we went through 3 of them putting them in and the last one was iffy...so i was going to check it again anyway...so i got to take it all apart..but looks to me like a cheap stupid mistake...again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search