part number for hard lines - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
part number for hard lines
Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:09 AM
im looking for a part number for the hard brake and fuel linesd that run from the engine compartment to the back. any1 gottin these b4?

Re: part number for hard lines
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:19 AM
there really is no part number for the brake hardlines.you pretty much have to pull the lines off, go to any auto parts store, and they'll measure the lines and get you the proper fittings.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:20 AM
The better question would be line size and length cause you'll be piecing these together yourself. The brake line is 3/16's and the fuel pressure side is 3/8's and return side is 5/16's. You will need a 37 degree flaring tool, and some nut/couplers, assorted inline couplers and such depending on what your trying to do. With a little more information I could help alot more. You looking for GM part #'s? after market SS line setup? just new hardline?

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:43 AM
i know brake lines r a diy project. but i was reading in a thread that gm sold the 5 lines and brackets together. i know how to replace lines just looking if any1 knew more about the gm peice. and 37 degree is for an fitting i thought most automotive flares are a 45 degree flare and gm uses some bubble flares.
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:44 AM
Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:18 AM
most automotive flares are 37 degree or bubble flare, but where I was going was to say what gm uses no longer matters since the lines would be replaced and such, save for the end connections. ie: cut the line after fittings, splice new line, flare, done.

But since this is not the direction you're going, nevermind. However your original post made no mention of any details...so......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:20 AM

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:23 AM
no disrespect was ment and the numbers r

there both discontinued i guess and between the 2 theres 5 sets in the us and none near me lol. so guess i am gonna start cuttin and flarin.
Thursday, March 11, 2010 10:11 AM
None taken..... I was just say'n

Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:17 PM
Go borrow a bender and a flare tool from your local Autozone, and get yourself a coil of coated line and the fittings. You'll spend less money, and they'll be more durable.

Friday, March 12, 2010 3:44 AM
One of my buddies has a set of these, pre-bent from GM.
I think he only wants $100 for all of them.
I live in NY, so it would have to be local pick up because they are so long!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search