Caliper Color. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Caliper Color.
Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:22 PM
So I have the Wilwoods all around, and I am kinda getting tired of the all black look. I am thinking about them red, or some other color. What does everyone think about this? Or should I just redo the black on them. They are anodized, and not painted right now. They are really faded, and I just think they need refreshed one way or the other.

Re: Caliper Color.
Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:29 PM
Hmm, I always end up with the rust color/look I'd stay with some type of glossy black personally...... random tidbits of color here and there can start looking tacky before you know what you've done.
Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:40 PM
definitely neon green.

ruin those rears right!

Underdog Racing
Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:45 PM
well, another options is to buy all new calipers 1 at a time until i aquire all 4....they are 200 a pop

Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:00 PM
what rotor do they use for the rear on that setup? and is it a drum in hat e-brake?
Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:09 PM
its a rotor from a ford truck kit...and yes its an internal ebrake.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:25 PM
do you know which rotor(specifically) they use? and the diameter of it?
Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:34 PM
i do....It's not made anymore, and last time i checked there were only 2 or 3 left in their warehouse for each side.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:41 PM
z yaaaa wrote:definitely neon green.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 6:48 PM
I dont think lime green would look that bad. Your car is pretty much black and white. Slap a random color in there to mix it up. Just tape off the Wilwood lettering really well and let the haters hate.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 7:02 PM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:i do....It's not made anymore, and last time i checked there were only 2 or 3 left in their warehouse for each side.

i didn't know they had other kits made. i was under the impression that it was only made once and you got the only one

Thursday, October 07, 2010 7:06 PM
There are no other kits. There are however more of the rotors, because they were used for more then one application. However, the rotor has been discontinued, and they only have 2-3 left of each rotor. they are direction. I CANNOT put the left rotor on the right, or vice versa.

I have a little book I compiled a long time ago, in which I have every part number needed to build another set of these brakes. Ask Brad how his attempts have been going to aquire the numbers. There are some of the parts that are no longer made, and are only available in limited quantities.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:33 PM
is this a brag post? lol

I say redo them in black bro, but it's your call. I like when they match the wheels.

FOR SALE
Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:47 PM
i'd do them in white. personally i hate seeing red calipers on a car that's not red, and that goes for any other color. either do them body color or a neutral of some sort in my opinion. silver, black etc...

but personally i'd go white. i like body color calipers the best.

Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, what would you paint the Wilwood calipers with? Powder coating, NHT brake caliper paint or some other sort of high temp caliper paint? reason I ask is because, I would like to paint mine as well. What is the best option for changing the color on a Wilwood caliper? I hear there might be draw backs to powder coating since it has to go through 400 degrees of heat also rebuilding the caliper since you have to take them apart for powder coating. Painting also has its draw backs, since some people complain about chipping paint.
Friday, October 08, 2010 5:29 AM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:I have a little book I compiled a long time ago, in which I have every part number needed to build another set of these brakes. Ask Brad how his attempts have been going to aquire the numbers. There are some of the parts that are no longer made, and are only available in limited quantities.

LMAO. your such a dick.

Underdog Racing
Friday, October 08, 2010 6:04 AM
^Says the guy who steals all the front filler plates... lol

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, October 08, 2010 10:07 AM
touche. ]:->

Underdog Racing
Friday, October 08, 2010 11:49 AM
BaggedOn20s wrote:is this a brag post? lol

I say redo them in black bro, but it's your call. I like when they match the wheels.

I dont brag!

Friday, October 08, 2010 12:45 PM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:There are no other kits. There are however more of the rotors, because they were used for more then one application. However, the rotor has been discontinued, and they only have 2-3 left of each rotor. they are direction. I CANNOT put the left rotor on the right, or vice versa.

I have a little book I compiled a long time ago, in which I have every part number needed to build another set of these brakes. Ask Brad how his attempts have been going to aquire the numbers. There are some of the parts that are no longer made, and are only available in limited quantities.

I know I inquired about those same part numbers too.....hopefully not as much as Brad, LOL!!

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Friday, October 08, 2010 12:53 PM
lol no one has tried as hard as brad...he has tried and tried and tried, along with my friends tood miller built ld9.

Friday, October 08, 2010 4:57 PM
lol what can i say, im dedicated.

i'll never get the part numbers either. ever. just because he knows it means that much to me.

oh well, neon rears all hotted up will have to do.

Underdog Racing
Friday, October 08, 2010 4:59 PM
who says ever brad? hell maybe ill sell you this set. I have been thinking baout baers lately!

Friday, October 08, 2010 5:05 PM
dont tease me bro!

Underdog Racing
Friday, October 08, 2010 5:21 PM
but its fun!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search