Input please! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Input please!
Thursday, January 06, 2011 11:04 AM
Cavalier 2.2L OHV 1997
I already have addco sway bars installed (love them)
My cars bone stock other than my guage pod setup and my audio. Is there any Strut tower braces around that are decent?
I found these on ebay (yes I know about ebay, ordered some mirrors for the cav and they were all kinds of F*$-ed up)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-Rear-Up-Strut-Bar-Cavalier-95-96-97-98-99-00-01-/190485233446?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AChevrolet|Model%3ACavalier|Year%3A1 997&hash=item2c59cdff26

I'm looking into upgrading my suspension a little more, hoping to lower it for now. I'll be doing the rear disc conversion with some nice rims and rubber eventually.
I'm looking for recommendations as far as lowering kits goes and I'm assuming pro-thane bushings around the car is going to benefit me even more along with a solid engine mount or two...

- McMurrin

Re: Input please!
Thursday, January 06, 2011 2:37 PM
get a vert strut bar from a junkyard for the front. and an ebay bar for the rear. nothing really wrong with an ebay bar for the rear.

also search around for info on the trunk bar mod.

Friday, January 07, 2011 8:52 AM
i have a vert strut bar if you want it, $30 and its yours
Friday, January 07, 2011 9:39 AM
You will need to go with the Vert bar,Due to the fact that on the 2.2 the intake sits close to the fire wall,and those ones from ebay will hit...I know this because i tried one on my gfs car...And for 30 bucks thats cheap,they sell over 100 bucks at some wreckers..
Friday, January 07, 2011 8:57 PM
that's insane. i picked up two for 5 bucks a piece. one with 2 firewall mounts, one with 1 firewall mount.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search